Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 hour ago, Callum said:

We aren’t keeping Duran this window. Bloke is desperate to play ball. He can’t spend another season like this, he’ll regress. Likely go out on loan, maybe even to a weaker PL team

If he doesn't want to be here, sell him. I'm fed up of loaning players out for pittance and then them leaving cheap at the end of their deal, or free because it expires.

• Like 1

Iroegbunam did very well on loan at QPR first half of the season he was being talked about as one of the best midfielders in the Championship, the Athletic reported that 'bigger teams' were watching him, and other media were linking him with Borussia Dortmund and Juventus, that was likely made up, but point is he was causing that kind of speculation because of how well he was doing, the media don't link random players who aren't doing very well for a team like QPR with such moves, second half of the season QPR struggled as a team and he was asked to play a more reserved role, but he was still fine, bearing in mind it was his first season playing competitive football, and he had to make the step up from U21s to Championship level, which is a massive step up by the way

Loan him to the Championship next season and there's every chance that he has a season next season like Philogene has had this season, in fact I'm convinced that put him in an half decent Championship team and he will do well, he's already shown that he's capable

Because this season has been disrupted by injuries I don't think we would get a transfer fee as big as we otherwise would have done, so a loan might be best, after which he will be worth more than he is now, or he might do so well we decide to keep him, I mean if we'd have loaned Philogene out last summer instead of selling him, he would probably be returning to our squad

• Like 2

12 hours ago, CroVillan said:

**** we need a good right back

I think Cash is more than capable in the squad but he’s not a gun right back, he was for a period but he seems to have lost his spark. 

unfair on Konsa when filling in there, and he ends up being too narrow in that position, 

Coutinho

chambers

lenglet 

dendonker

zaniolo

that's five out if we can do that, question will be who are we getting? And how much budget will we actually have?

11 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

Coutinho

chambers

lenglet 

dendonker

zaniolo

that's five out if we can do that, question will be who are we getting? And how much budget will we actually have?

It's not really 5 out as zaniolo and lenglet were bought in only to replace mings and emi who were probably were covered by insurance. 

They will simply swap squad places.

3 hours ago, Callum said:

We aren’t keeping Duran this window. Bloke is desperate to play ball. He can’t spend another season like this, he’ll regress. Likely go out on loan, maybe even to a weaker PL team

Ehh I disagree. We will simply have to play him more next season. Watkins played way too much this year. And whilst I understand the reasoning Duran needs to get get like 12 starts in Europe + League next year. Watkins can't play 4k minutes again. 

13 hours ago, Tayls said:

El Kaabi from Olympiakos?! Man can finish against us.. 

I think our scouting system may have moved on from "he always plays well against us", although I suspect some club will test the water, with a "cheeky bid". He would need to bring the UEFA VAR officials, who never find him offside with him though. ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Sounds so easy finding buyers for all of those players

Actually most of them are easy to get rid of 

10 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Harsh to sell Tim. Send him on loan or two then see where he’s at. Still only 20.

Its not harsh, we're a top 4 side.  He's not ready. Put a buy back clause in and sell.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

2 centre mids and a right back that's all I care about. 

Can't be having just Douglas Luiz, Mcginn, Kamara, Tielemans  for 3 positions it's absolutely ludicrous. 

Letting Donk leave on loan was so so stupid. 

I think looking at it now you’re right. But Kamara getting a season ender 10 days after the window closed was such bad luck! But leaving us with only one dedicated DM was poor, and Tim was never going to be the answer. 

I see we are being linked with Zaha! 

I don’t like the chap but he’s a good player and would give us something different up front. Can see it happening! 

2 hours ago, Nigel said:

It's not really 5 out as zaniolo and lenglet were bought in only to replace mings and emi who were probably were covered by insurance. 

They will simply swap squad places.

True, but are they needed with them both back next year, and we also need players of greater quality in other areas?

RB, CDM, LM in my opinion are the most at need to get for champs league quality. 

Luiz and McGinn cannot do what Kamara does, so we need contention for him who is as good if not better. 

I would love us to move to the Man City approach and squad mentality of a “squad” not a best starting XI and the rest. We don’t fully have that yet. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, paul514 said:

Actually most of them are easy to get rid of 

Coutinho, Hause, Dendonker maybe Chambers are not. 

Edited by CVByrne

29 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

I see we are being linked with Zaha! 

I don’t like the chap but he’s a good player and would give us something different up front. Can see it happening! 

Think it's lazy links because Emery wanted him at Arsenal and they got Pepe instead 

3 hours ago, kidlewis said:

I think Cash is more than capable in the squad but he’s not a gun right back, he was for a period but he seems to have lost his spark.

He's a converted winger. Just ask Troy Deeney.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Coutinho, Hause, Dendonker maybe Chambers are not. 

Maybe we can at least loan them out to remove their wages from next years accounts, and make real profit on JJ and Luiz. That would gives us enough psr breathing space to invest where we need to.

8 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Some not so reputable outlets linking us to iheanacho 

Well that's one way to stop him always sodding scoring against us.

• Haha 1

If we were to lose Duran, how would people feel about Elijah Adebayo? Has impressed me when I've watched Luton - he's way better than the rest of the team, and Edwards should have played him more at the start of the season - and has a better goals-per-minute ratio than anyone in the league except Haaland and Jota. 

Probably a stupid idea, but I enjoy watching him anyway!

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Some not so reputable outlets linking us to iheanacho 

We've been linked with him before. Would be a free transfer. To bulk out the squad, there would be worse signings than this one.

Â