Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He's basically a right winger, we need a more traditional RB/CB for that role.

Yeah and we have 2 players (Bailey and Diaby) who play best at RW as well as Zaniolo if he stays and then McGinn on occasion. On Bailey's form and Diaby's price, it doesn't make a lot of sense to then buy an attacking RB to occupy that sideline.

Frimpong is a good player but if we were to be involved in trying to get those Leverkeusen players, Palacios is the one I'd be most interested in as a number 6/8 CM.

7 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Said it again and again, but we didn’t recruit Monchi to scout the league. Signing the likes of our Serbian right back Kosta out of the blue is the model we will follow. 

The only variable for PL talent is if Unai wants them or no. 

Rogers doesn’t count!

DM/CM is a priority for me. We've struggled to find balance since Kamara was injured and it's certainly not helped to have had SJM and Doug suspended. I think we can pull off a bit of Monchi magic here and get a quality player on a free.

Find a starting RB (assuming Nedeljković isn't ready to compete for the spot) allowing Konsa to step back into the CB rotation.

Find that forward player that can do as close to an impression of Ollie as the man himself. No doubting we'd be in a different position if it were not for his goals. However much I like him, I don't think Jhon Duran is it and he could be one we cash in on.

We might choose to bring Jaden back, which I'd be up for. If Archer comes back, I think we sell him on again.

So similar to last season. A couple of standout purchases that don't break our bank and a neat bit of market manoeuvring to stay within the rules.

On 14/04/2024 at 12:29, sne said:

Linked again to Benfica DCM Florentino Luis. Been behind Joao Neves in the rotation this season but Neves is supposed to be the next superstar.

Football Manager wondered (FM22 I think?). Was brilliant on it for me.

7 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Can see a big club coming in for him, should be playing in CL 🤣

That’s what I was thinking, we can offer much better prospects. 

14 hours ago, ender4 said:

Someone like Chelsea could buy him from Chelsea for £150m.

Best post i've seen for ages. Made me laugh.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Well Goldstein on Talksport said Emery 100% would go to Man Utd if they came for him in the summer so the delusion the Man Utd fans have.  They really think it’s just a matter of time before they are the dominant force again in the league.  I know they are the biggest club in the world-ish but the level of arrogance…I just hate them.

Goldstein is a wind up merchant like most radio shock jocks for angry callers and Goldbridge just posting for YT views

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Goldbridge saying Frimpong to Manure close. My arse. Why go that car crash club. I suppose +200k a week is an appeal

Man U have been so shit the only way they can sign quality is to give them silly wages. But that’s what got them in the mess they are in the first place ! 

Frimpong seems to be loved around here. I’ve never seen him play.

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Frimpong seems to be loved around here. I’ve never seen him play.

Played right wing several seasons but people convinced he's a right back to replace Cash who is much better defensively

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Premier League. Next!

And ? He’s part of history now being part of a potentially invincible team, he’s only 22 and can easily see him staying there for another season and then he’ll have his pick no doubt of the top tier elite teams. He also isn’t what we need right now IMO based on other more pressing positions. 

I can see us going for Sergi Roberto whose contract is a most up bit think they’ve got a year option. Versatile, vastly experienced, cheap and we have Kosta, Konsa, Cash & KHH so why spend £40mill on another one ? 

Just now, thabucks said:

And ? He’s part of history now being part of a potentially invincible team, he’s only 22 and can easily see him staying there for another season and then he’ll have his pick no doubt of the top tier elite teams. He also isn’t what we need right now IMO based on other more pressing positions. 

I can see us going for Sergi Roberto whose contract is a most up bit think they’ve got a year option. Versatile, vastly experienced, cheap and we have Kosta, Konsa, Cash & KHH so why spend £40mill on another one ? 

There is no "And ?"

Premier League is a reason why he would leave Leverkusen. I am not saying he will join us, or even that we want him, however.

• Like 1

Â