Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

Posted (edited)
On 08/05/2024 at 15:18, david-avfc said:

I’m assuming the question was regarding homegrown at the club

This, he's 'Homegrown' but not 'Super Double Mega Homegrown'* according to their rules, like Jacob is. 

*it might be called something else

Edited by lexicon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

If this is a taste of what Monchi and Emery can bring to the club, bring it on!

Can’t remember a young player who settled so quickly and brought so much to the team. So much more to come as well, I would think.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

if he takes his form into preseason i can see him starting ahead of ramsey

Can we play Rogers and Ramsey in the same team without losing something elsewhere on the pitch?

Just now, ender4 said:

Can we play Rogers and Ramsey in the same team without losing something elsewhere on the pitch?

Probably, i think they are different types of players tbh, some similarities, but different players imo, so i think they could defo play together.

14 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Probably, i think they are different types of players tbh, some similarities, but different players imo, so i think they could defo play together.

Long term can see Rogers playing the same role he did against Arsenal and Man City as a number 10 with Watkins. 

Would love to see Ramsey and Rogers in the same team. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Yeah, very different

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

They have differences in their game, but imo they are both at their best picking up the ball in midfield and driving forwards. 

• Like 1

Defo think Roger’s best position could be 10. Thinking of the ball for durans goal (can’t remember the game as on holiday all inclusive bit pissed) pass was perfect. 
actually think a front 4 of 

Ollie 

Ramsey Rodgers Bailey would be pretty awesome  

Ollie just same as this season and getting better 

Ramsey ability to run the ball at pace striking of the ball just on a different level reminds me of lampard

Rodgers close control and passing just not as fast as Ramsey I don’t think 🤷‍♂️

and then Bailey with all his trickery and this season proper end product

thats entertaining 👊

Ramsey has basically been out all season 

he comes back to the form he showed the end of last season he’s an automatic first team  

no way we should sell absolute nonsense  

lots of options then as well off the bench  

think buendia will hurt the most from Rodgers coming in  

23 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

They have differences in their game, but imo they are both at their best picking up the ball in midfield and driving forwards.

Rogers is a better passer, more skilful, and better in tight spaces. Ramsey is more direct and a better dribbler IMO - will just get the ball and run (normally very well).

I think people assume Ramsey and Roger’s can’t play together just because they look (appearance wise) quite similar. In reality there are a lot of differences between them: Rogers is far more physical, probably more skillful. They both operate well from deep but Jacob is a better  passer in those areas

Â