Match Thread: Everton v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I realise people often talk about " our performance" without taking into account the opposition performance.

Everton are playing with extreme intensity, how long they can keep it up is to be seen.

So I wouldn't just say we've been " shit _. Opposition plays a part, it's about us to figure it out and respond, like a boxing match.

I’m just waiting on the inevitable “this is our worst performance so far under Emery” message that pops up in all these match threads if we aren’t playing like prime Barcelona.

• Haha 2

So they've had their high intensity aggressive 10-15 min start at home like teams like this always have. Hopefully they'll not be able to keep it up once the game settles into a rhythm. 

Edited by sne

Just now, duke313 said:

I’m just waiting on the inevitable “this is our worst performance so far under Emery” message that pops up in all these match threads if we aren’t playing like prime Barcelona.

Joke club, mate.

We've been poor but I'm sure if I was an Everton fan I'd be getting pissed off at us not taking our chances and worrying about the team in the top 4 finding their groove and punishing us.