Match Thread: Everton v Villa

limpid

4 minutes ago, Tayls said:

So, how we playing lads? Not seen any of this yet. 

We're playing fine.

We don't look elite but we're on top. Everton have broken through the high line once or twice but bar one 1-on-1 haven't looked to dangerous.

We are definitely on top but wouldn't say it looks like we're banging the door down, due to take the lead any minute. It's going to be tight until we hopefully get the first and then hopefully the game opens up more for us.

The longer that first takes, the more confident Everton will become

Tbh we haven't been at our sparkling best since the incredible week of beating City and Arsenal back to back. McGinn and Kamarra are slightly off it and Cartlos and Lenglet don't really have the pace for the high line defence. We can still nick this but looks like another grind.

9 minutes ago, claretman said:

It is also Alan Smith who grew up supporting Aston Villa, having been born just eight miles from Birmingham. 

A quick google confirms what I thought I knew.  As I said, he tries a bit too hard to compensate during his commentary.

He's been very consistent at for many a year, which always led me to believe he wasn't a fan.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

It's a foul every time when we win those 50-50s

And always clean for them. Every time. 

1 minute ago, calcifer said:

Deserved, no need to throw the ball away.

I know, my point is he hasn't booked a single Everton player yet despite, for example, Doucoure's constant fouling.

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

Can't believe Carlos got booked for that. It looked like he thought it was ours and gave it to Dougie. Not like he launched it away from the Everton player

He got a yellow card because the Everton players got round the ref! 

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What a stupid card

It’s alright, no chance we’d need a CB to take a cynical yellow later in the game…