Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Burnley

limpid

Match Polls  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/24 at 23:59

9 minutes ago, est1874 said:

I'd rather win the FA Cup than play Champions League football.

That's the truth of it. Anyone who disagrees is welcome to their view but that's another trophy in our cabinet, versus the slog of having to play world class teams around Europe with a squad that probably needs 1-2 seasons to continue to build.

And I applaud you for that honesty. To be fair, I'd be torn between the two and the FA cup is the only winnable trophy I haven't seen us win. There's no reason we can't be in it to win it. There are no guarantees in this game so best to have your name in as many hats as possible..

3 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I mean this in the worst possible way. 

There are some appalling takes on here from a few posters, Arsenal fan levels of entitlement. 

We're joint top. Joint top. Stop making out that we are now entitled to win every game playing 2009 Barca levels of football. 

Can't believe why we are not allowed to be frustrated that we struggled and only won by a lucky pen against 10 man Burnley. Have you seen our stats this year at home!! Put them next to Burnley's, an it'll show you why expecting to beat them is not entitlement.

We are joint top as people keep pointing out, surely any loses from now on will obviously cause serious disappointment with some fans, especially if it's the relegation fodder that start to pull our pants down.

Thought it would be a hard game and it was, we deserved the 3 points though. I’ve always hated games against Burnley at home over the years as we always seem to struggle. Good 3 points to end the year 👍🏻

4 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Bett

Better that than a deluded fantasist. Emery has spoken often that his dream is to win the champions league. Can’t win it if you’re not in it.

I think atm there's more chance of us winning the FA cup than the CL. And yet you have the temerity to call me a "deluded fantasist,". And by the way, thanks for confirming that whole thing about Yanks and irony.

• Like 1

Made hard work of that but after a tough week the only thing that mattered was the 3 points. Emery won’t be happy with the way we conceded but we can’t be perfect at home every game.

Unfortunately some of our fans (normally the same ones) just love an opportunity to have a moan. That will never change.

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

Injured or ill today.

Cash
Mings
Digne
Torres (not fit enough to start)

Kamara
Tielemans
Buendia
Traore
Olsen

We scored a late goal against a very plucky Burnley side who came with a decent game plan.

In defense we were playing our 4th and 5th center backs, our best CB pushed to right back & Moreno in what his 2nd or 3rd game back who is barely match fit let alone match sharp.

The late winner makes us joint top in the PL after the one of the most successful years in the club's history in 149 years.

VT - we're terrible and I'm so disappointed. 🤦‍♂️ 

TA.
Add a centre forward and a holding midfield player to your list and that’s not a bad team😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Can't believe why we are not allowed to be frustrated that we struggled and only won by a lucky pen against 10 man Burnley. Have you seen our stats this year at home!! Put them next to Burnley's, an it'll show you why expecting to beat them is not entitlement.

We are joint top as people keep pointing out, surely any loses from now on will obviously cause serious disappointment with some fans, especially if it's the relegation fodder that start to pull our pants down.

I thought we just won. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I thought we just won. 

From now on it says.

An anyway, all the frustration came during the game, struggling to win against a 10 man Burnley. Injuries or not, they are the poorest team in the league and will get relegated.

6 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

It’s not matter of anyone ‘not allowing’ fans to be hyper-critical or throw a tantrum. They’re still perfectly free to do either, as long as they accept the consequence of other people finding it ridiculous.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

I think atm there's more chance of us winning the FA cup than the CL. And yet you have the temerity to call me a "deluded fantasist,". And by the way, thanks for confirming that whole thing about Yanks and irony.

Who’s a yank? You? Because I’m certainly not one.

So you want to win all of the cups and finish top 4 do you?

i’d love to know which team you would pick for the following hellish schedule assuming we get that far in the fa cup and Uefa cup:

- 7 March - Europa 

- 9 March - spurs home

- 14 March - Europa 

- 15/3 - fa cup weekend (west ham rearranged to end of season)

- 30/3 - wolves

- 4/4 - man city

-6/4 - brentford 

- 11/4 - europa

- 13/4 - arsenal

- 18/4 - Europa 

- 19/4 fa cup (brentford rearranged to end of season )

league games following Europa will get moved to Sunday but hopefully this highlights how ridiculously stupid it is to even think we can try and finish top 4 and fight for 1 let alone 2 cups with the squad that we currently have. 

17 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Said after the United game that we needed to win this game by any means necessary and then use the two week break from the league to regroup. 

We’ve done the first bit. Hopefully the break and the return from injury/suspension for Pau and Kamara will get us back to our best

Stevo, always happy to use an oppurtunity for a Malcolm X quote. 😉😉😉

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

From now on it says.

An anyway, all the frustration came during the game, struggling to win against a 10 man Burnley. Injuries or not, they are the poorest team in the league and will get relegated.

You know you love the frustration really. The last year must have been tough at home😉 

These games will happen. Main thing is we won.

4 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Who’s a yank? You? Because I’m certainly not one.

So you want to win all of the cups and finish top 4 do you?

i’d love to know which team you would pick for the following hellish schedule assuming we get that far in the fa cup and Uefa cup:

- 7 March - Europa 

- 9 March - spurs home

- 14 March - Europa 

- 15/3 - fa cup weekend (west ham rearranged to end of season)

- 30/3 - wolves

- 4/4 - man city

-6/4 - brentford 

- 11/4 - europa

- 13/4 - arsenal

- 18/4 - Europa 

- 19/4 fa cup (brentford rearranged to end of season )

league games following Europa will get moved to Sunday but hopefully this highlights how ridiculously stupid it is to even think we can try and finish top 4 and fight for 1 let alone 2 cups with the squad that we currently have. 

Forgive me, but I seen the length of the reply, and thought, "feck that".

I think Kamara, Pau and Cash returning will actually feel like getting six new players, because that will allow Konsa, McGinn and Dougie to all play their preferred roles.

So I’m not too bothered that we were poor today. We’ll turn this form around IMO. And maybe do a bit of useful business in the January window (probably a right back?)

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 4