Match Thread: Man Utd v Villa

limpid

Both the “second eleven” players (dendoncker and lenglet) have been very good considering. And great to see them create a goal.

Manure rely on playing on the transition and so it’s frustrating that we’re not exercising more of our possession game. We need to see a bit more from Luiz 

• Like 1

Just now, TheAuthority said:

Dendoncker was absolutely excellent in that half 

It's certainly a game for the Donk. It's not the best viewing but he's in his element tonight. Hopefully it'll bump up his price in Jan.

Just now, Django_Zooms said:

How many minutes have Lenglet & Dendoncker played in the PL this season? How do their transfer fees & wages compare to ManUre's defenders? And yet, they masterminded the second goal with no resistance, against millions of pounds of Red expenditure.

One word. MacPhee.

Just now, AV82 said:

Aside from the two set pieces we haven't offered a great deal. They could focus a bit more on how great our offside trap has been but other than that the talking point, at Old Trafford, is going to be Man U looking toothless upfront. 

I thought we were the better team up until the second goal and took our foot of the gas.  They just looked disjointed but have been the better team after second goal but can’t beat our offside trap yet.  I think there is enough to talk about both teams yet they just talk about Man U.  Rather the win than to be talked about but still thought they may say something 

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Already on social media.

However I've only just realised that Leon was trash talking Onana to distract him on the set piece 😂

Very clever.  I thought VAR was going to disallow it for something stupid though.

Just now, AV82 said:

It's certainly a game for the Donk. It's not the best viewing but he's in his element tonight. Hopefully it'll bump up his price in Jan.

Doubt he'll be sold in January. We need a squad for the remainder of the season.

Just now, JPJCB said:

Both the “second eleven” players (dendoncker and lenglet) have been very good considering. And great to see them create a goal.

Manure rely on playing on the transition and so it’s frustrating that we’re not exercising more of our possession game. We need to see a bit more from Luiz 

Hard to do when we are missing some of our best possession players in Torres, Kamara and you can throw in someone like Buendia who would add to that.

4 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

We're seeing the control in midfield we get with Kamara in the team completely missing.

Still feel like they're going to get a bad decision or ten go their way in the 2nd half to get them back in the game.

We've looked good in spells, but missing Pau and Kamara

After watching how good Lenglet’s passing has been I’m wondering if he could play CB with Pau, not instead of. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

Dendoncker was absolutely excellent in that half 

Yeah Luiz is my favourite player but he’s had an off day and Dendoncker has been superb.  Not what I expected pre-game.