Ratings & Reactions: Brentford v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

234 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/12/23 at 23:59

Poor performance today and it’s shame Emi got sucked in by Maupays antics. Losing Kamara for 3 games ain’t great but at least 2 of them are at home.

We wont always play well but the main thing is we keep going and try and win when not quite on it. Massive 3 points in that respect. 

Bring on top of the league!

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

Perhaps this is a cynical take but Kamara's action doesn't sit right with at all, on reflection.

He makes the decision not just to lash out but to spin the Brentford lad around in order to do so, knowing the referee is standing right there beside him/them.

Conveniently gets a straight red that sees him suspended for 3 games which just happens to give him Christmas and New Year off.

Hmmmmm. 🤔

43 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I would imagine the Kamara red gets overturned

I hope so too, but I very much doubt it. They will be more likely to fine us for not keeping control of our players, which UE was attempting to do, when that idiot of a ref showed him a yellow card. :rolleyes:

I wonder if the fan giving Ollie stick was being racist. If so it needs to be reported. Unlike Ollie to react like that to be honest and I know he still has a lot of respect for Brentford.

It was a very bad tempered game that I'm just grateful to come out of with three points. Brentford were horrible to play against and we seemed to stoop to their level which is a shame because Kamara will now miss three games. At least Dougie is back next game and hopefully Tielemans will be too.

On a brighter note, second in the league (at least until the Liverpool game has finished), 25 wins in a calendar year which is a club record (thanks Unai), and winnable games coming up. Great time to be a Villa fan and long may it continue. 

• Like 2

Just now, Leeroy said:

I wonder if the fan giving Ollie stick was being racist. If so it needs to be reported. Unlike Ollie to react like that to be honest and I know he still has a lot of respect for Brentford.

It was a very bad tempered game that I'm just grateful to come out of with three points. Brentford were horrible to play against and we seemed to stoop to their level which is a shame because Kamara will now miss three games. At least Dougie is back next game and hopefully Tielemans will be too.

On a brighter note, second in the league (at least until the Liverpool game has finished), 25 wins in a calendar year which is a club record (thanks Unai), and winnable games coming up. Great time to be a Villa fan and long may it continue. 

Same thought crossed my mind: you could hear his voice shaking when he’s talking in that interview. He went on to say the nature of the guy’s comments were ‘personal’. He clearly felt the comments crossed some line. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Perhaps this is a cynical take but Kamara's action doesn't sit right with at all, on reflection.

He makes the decision not just to lash out but to spin the Brentford lad around in order to do so, knowing the referee is standing right there beside him/them.

Conveniently gets a straight red that sees him suspended for 3 games which just happens to give him Christmas and New Year off.

Hmmmmm. 🤔

Yes because he pulls that trick every year 🙄. Are you projecting there?! 😏

• Haha 1