Ratings & Reactions: Brentford v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

234 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/12/23 at 23:59

29 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Always thought Thomas Frank was a bit of a word removed but more so now after his comments.

Why does he not think how this all started with his very own idiot player getting sent off because of yet another potentially career ending challenge.

So subjective these football managers for the most part and yet for balance you hear Emery's comments and alluding to the behaviour of his own players and how to deal with adversity.

Result: Emery is class and the other a word removed.

Brentford played with no intent to play football, they ruined it a spectacle, trying to contain with their negativity and persistent fouling. 

Emi's probably saved us 6 points already this season, but I wish he could play without the red mist descending like that. If he doesn't shove Maupay over then we see out the game easily with a bunch fewer yellow cards and without Bouba's red. 

46 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Very pleased with the 3 points at a ground we typically stuggle at.

All got a bit crazy at the end and lots for Emery to review but the win is the most important thing.

Happy days. UTV!

"at a  ground we typically struggle at". Yes, so much so that am I right in thinking this is the first time we've won there since... 1953?! (Nineteen fifty-three). At f****** last! Emery just keeps on destroying our hoodoo curses, what a star! :)

Edited by robby b
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

If he books Maupay for running into Martinez there's no big melee at the end.

Maupay really is an odious little creature isn't he? I'm glad his career has tailed off.

Verminous toad 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

I'm also giving him credit for us not drawing man utd away in the FA Cup

Good point. And I'm also happy and relieved to see we haven't got the mighty League 2 Stevenage FC again this season, phew :s

Can’t believe I’m sitting here after coming back from behind away to Brentford and still feeling annoyed/frustrated. 

Up till the red card looked like it was gonna be one of those days where we just couldn’t break them down and lose 1-0 so it was good to see us finally make use of them having 10 men which hasn’t always been the case in recent times. 

To lose Kamara for 3 games has annoyed me. We are playing against 10 men and leading but Martinez/Kamara have allowed the Maupay situation to mean we now miss Kamara for 3 games. Think the Sheff Utd/Burnley games should be ok but missing Kamara for Old Trafford is frustrating  when it was avoidable. So naive. 

Edited by RichW
Meant avoidable not unavoidable

36 minutes ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Emi's probably saved us 6 points already this season, but I wish he could play without the red mist descending like that. If he doesn't shove Maupay over then we see out the game easily with a bunch fewer yellow cards and without Bouba's red. 

Emi was just shit housing and wasting time. Thought it was brilliant from him, bouba shouldn't have thrown an arm - it was a bit stupid but accept that if you're playing with the intensity to win like we are then tempers might fray. Will be a big miss now

Strange game tbh. I thought we were poor first half, but actually could have gone in, in front had Ramsey and Cash scored. I thought Cash and Moreno were poor in that half.

Second half we were obviously a bit better but massively helped by the sending off. We obviously missed Luiz but it’s great that we keep fighting back from being a goal down. 

We’ve got to be better in the first half of matches away from home. We could have been blown away by Spurs and Bournemouth had they taken their chances so something about gifting those early chances has to change. 

I voted Torres motm as I thought he was excellent with the ball. I actually enjoyed watching Carlos split the lines with passes into Watkins and Diaby too. 

We move. 

• Like 1

Brentford are a horrible, awkward opponent and no-one has an easy game at the 'G-Tech Arena' (god that sounds awful!). We can't win playing amazing football every game. Some, like this, will be a real slog. But we kept going against a team that sat camped in their own half the whole match (must be fun supporting them!). Bottom line is we now have the sixth best away record and the only 100% home record left in the league. we're a point off the top. We're there on merit. This is dreamland. 

• Like 1

Having rewatched the footage of Kamara sending off, I can’t see a red card offence, he is trying to restrain the Brentford player who confronted Martinez and shoved Martinez with both hands? I don’t see any raised hands by Kamara? 

• Like 3

for a while it was boring. but it sure didn't end that way.  

Re: the match minus the poor behavior.

when a team plays in a defensive shell, you have to move the ball much more quickly than we were moving the ball.  You also need the confidence to keep moving forward in tight spaces whether by passing or carrrying the ball.   We did OK at first, creating some nice (but spurned) opportunities.  But then we stopped.  I don't know if we got lulled to sleep, frustrated and too safe, or what.  but we started slow, safe, 2-4 touch passes around the perimeter.  Which is effectively time wasting for them.  

I suspect the payers understood that and were frustrated and that's what turned it.

Ollie, the stands are full of several thousand people.  The odds are quite good that some idiot will be abusive.  (Just look at the match thread)  surely you can ignore the idiots most of the time.  Should have done it today, too.

Emi, Maupay is an annoying prick.  You would think respectable clubs would want to hire footballers, but sometimes they hire annoying pricks instead.  Don't be one to show one up.  

David Coote, It's pretty clear that you will catch some flack from assessors and referee admnistrators for failing to control the match.  It's well earned.  Learn from it, listen carefully and learn, or take up some other career.  Your errors strongly contributed to the abundance of frustration felt by platers.  Mostly, I would suggest more courage and better judgement.  A few examples.  Shocking lack of courage to go with a caution on Ben Mee, you can't say you didn't have a good view, you had a lack of courage.  When any player is pulled to the ground by his shirt stretched out behind him at least half a meter, whether you call the foul or play the advantage, book the cheat.  When 4 or 5 from a team are celebrating in a way clearly antagonistic toward one fan, or a small group of fans, you need to be there to difuse it, rather than wait till an opponent runs in and creates a melee.   When an annoying prick pointlessly shoulders an opponent when the ball is out of play, you can't act like it was something minor, it's an obnoxious event.  A simple, quiet yellow card does not feel like justice to the aggrieved.  It's serious misconduct, make sure everybody knows it.  When a GK escalates the shithousery stupidly, get there, be there with a strong presence to exert some sense of authority, control, and discipline.  Book them both for the childish nonsnese interfering with what should be an enoyable day out.  (I know, it would require courage to give a second caution to the annoying prick, but again, that's something you needed to show more of.) Finally, when there's a melee, and one manager steps on to the field to help calm things down and is helping to keep his players from escalating the problem, it's better to thank him than book him.  Learn your lesson and get better, or don't do this job at this level.   Oh, and actually, you're not the worst referee we've seen this season, so I do still have hope for you.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Â