Ratings & Reactions: Brentford v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

234 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/12/23 at 23:59

1 hour ago, RichW said:

Can’t believe I’m sitting here after coming back from behind away to Brentford and still feeling annoyed/frustrated. 

Up till the red card looked like it was gonna be one of those days where we just couldn’t break them down and lose 1-0 so it was good to see us finally make use of them having 10 men which hasn’t always been the case in recent times. 

To lose Kamara for 3 games has annoyed me. We are playing against 10 men and leading but Martinez/Kamara have allowed the Maupay situation to mean we now miss Kamara for 3 games. Think the Sheff Utd/Burnley games should be ok but missing Kamara for Old Trafford is frustrating  when it was unavoidable. So naive. 

"missing Kamara for Old Trafford is frustrating when it was unavoidable." Gotta say, everybody else thought that it was, in fact, avoidable.

Just watched MOTD, on first, we must have arrived at the big time.

Noticed the Brentford players charging in and shoving everyone around every chance they got, Frank(n Furter) said he doesn't like that, but he must have instilled that behaviour, he's the **** coach.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Just watched MOTD, on first, we must have arrived at the big time.

Noticed the Brentford players charging in and shoving everyone around every chance they got, Frank(n Furter) said he doesn't like that, but he must have instilled that behaviour, he's the **** coach.

Brentford are not known for that behaviour, but today they went feral. Which means that Villa are finally terrifying opponents. Mwahahahahaha.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Awol said:

Good to see Wrighty and Shearer backing up Ollie on MOTD. Also, “yeah I’d do it again.” Good lad. 

On the final day of the final season that the Holte End was all standing, Villa fans gave Ian dog's abuse. He scored twice in Arsenal's 2-1 win & did far, far worse than Ollie today. I was there. April 23 1994.

Edited by Django_Zooms

5 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

Somebody please post images of Wissa punching Gilmour, which should have meant a red card banning him today, next to Kamara stroking the cheek of that Bee...

More inconsistency from the ref , during the Watkins goal , Konsa got the same face contact from one of their players that  Kamara got his red for … 

• Like 4

Few weeks on from us comfortably beating Spurs and one of my mates is still salty about it … apparently Maupay was a clear  pen and I’m biased because I can’t see it … this is despite nobody other than Maupay and Franks thinking it was a pen … and Franks also thought Mee wasn’t a red so I think we know what shade of glasses he is wearing . 

Great that Emi got his own feature on match of the day tonight but I  wonder at what point someone in The FA does a montage of all the scuffles and shenanigans Maupay has instigated over the years 

Edited by tonyh29

Â