Match Thread: Brentford v Villa

limpid

It’s like the enormity of going top is a psychological barrier. 

Yet again we struggle with the block, we look open in the middle too. It’s a pity we don’t have Tielemans, but definitely missing Dougie as the midfield general.

Bailey might change the script second half, hopefully Unai can see the problem….

Just now, Galway Lion said:

Cash is shocking, not tracking back or crossing the ball. He’s leaving Konsa against two men all the time. Ramsey and Moreno not up to speed. 
Big changes needed to try and save this shit show

Which we don't have today. Duran and Zaniolo with a half fit Bailey is all we can put on.

The first five minutes was our real chance. We were all over them and they looked wide open. They grew into it after we gifted  them that first big chance. I still think we are the better team and can win this if we sharpen up. Cash is a waste if he’s not at right back. I feel for him a little. This role doesn’t suit him in my opinion. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Galway Lion said:

Cash is shocking, not tracking back or crossing the ball. He’s leaving Konsa against two men all the time. Ramsey and Moreno not up to speed. 
Big changes needed to try and save this shit show

He just does nothing defensively as a RM which kills any reason to play there. 

2 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

We do look like night and day different away from home. We look tired, idealess and lazy away from home and it will cost us big time 

I don't think we look tired at all. Just whenever they lose the ball they pull everyone but the front 2 back and we simply don't have that guile to break them down. We don't have generally against low block sides. Same against Forest and a lesser extent Wolves. Sheffield United will come to VP and sit everyone behind the ball. We have to find a way to break down such set ups.

Don't think it's been all that bad. Controlled the first half for the most part. They scored from a loose ball and were quicker to react.

The left side has been good for me. Need to be better attacking down the right. Bailey coming on might address that. 

We're still well in this.

1 minute ago, Lerner's Driver said:

We really struggle against the low block. Lack creativity and speed of thought against the teams that set up that way. But we are also shit at reaching the dead ball follow ups. Need more life. 

Have no one who can actually dribble past their man. Thought Diaby was that player but he doesn’t even have a go. 

Brentford's ground is like a church as well.

Not like were playing under a hostile atmosphere.

I just don't get why we don't perform against teams like this away from home.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1