Match Thread: Villa v Fulham

limpid

2 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

This will be one of those rare pl matches where we get to sit back and just relax and enjoy.

I mean, this is Villa. Bank on a really odd passage of play through a mistake, 7 rebounds and the ball over the line to make it 2-1.

• Like 1

Just now, switters said:

Really good half, good performances across the team. Midfield dominant, Konsa and Cash with some key defensive work, not quite fallen for Diaby/Watkins yet but they occupying defenders and the midfielders getting chances from that. Hopefully add a 3rd shortly after break and can cruise out.

This is a good point - even if they aren't getting chances they are keeping defenders occupying space and allowing our midfield to win almost every second ball.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Think that's a bit unfair.  He's pretty much involved in both goals (Robinson doesn't score an own goal if Diaby doesn't make that run; Diaby challenges for the ball which falls to McGinn's feet) and had a decent effort early doors - possibly should've done better, granted.

We've been excellent all over IMO.

Yeah good points. I might be expecting too much. 

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

We're a proper side.

The odd defeat will happen (like Forest), but we're just a proper side.  Teams aren't going to like playing us - particularly at home.  This has been utter domination so far.

Absolutely, and how scary might we be if we can improve our away form, managing the tough games like the one against Forest where we concede early just a little bit better. Who knows where we could end up!

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Thats the 3rd OG Diaby has made this season for us. Should be counted as an assist.

Yeah I've never understood why it isn't an assist when compared to passing the ball 1 yard to a teammate who thunderc***s it home and that counts.