Ratings & Reactions: Nottm Forest v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

188 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/11/23 at 23:59

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

You’re not wrong, and complacency is always a very real and dangerous threat or possibility when confidence and momentum is built up and after we have achieved some major results like 6-1 vs Brighton & 4-1 vs West Ham… as well as the media hype which is something we never deal well with but many of our fans seems to crave for some reason… Flattering to deceive has been, sadly, a big part of our identity for quite some time now…

Regardless, I just take this as an off day but I can’t deny it was disappointing. I want to see us dismantle every team we play 😂 but that’s just not possible or realistic.

We have to learn to be a bit tolerant of the odd stumble or setback, especially when we know we’ll be back with a bang.

Imagine the amount of data and information Unai is gathering on our players and the education he is giving them, finding the best ways to improve them and our play while also taking note of the positions he needs to strengthen in and spend money on…

Lets not forget how crap a side we have been in the past, we struggled to string more than 3 passes together with any form of consistency and our go to tactic was to hand it to our one standout player at every opportunity who was woefully and excessively relied on. 

Before that, a lot of hoofball, sitting back and reliance on the counter attack. I am incredibly grateful that we have moved beyond all that shite.

We are a far cry from those days, we are actually one of the best possession based sides in the division now and that is quite some feat! Especially when there aren’t actually that many of our players that could be classed as approaching the level of elite… our squad is not “top drawer” but we do have some great players…

Just shows how outstanding our manager is and the level of coaching there is at the club now - we’ve never had it!!

My view is, get Unai better players and we will become even more formidable and consistent.

We have some players in the squad that have some real and telling limitations… there are definitely areas of the team we can address.

Spot on Jas thanks. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Someone was asking if the boos were for Martinez when he went over or for the team?

There was no booing from the villa fans, maybe a bit from forest fans but non from the villa end 

• Like 2

Ehat was disappointing today was how bad we were at winning anything in the air.foreat won near enough everything 

We certainly need to improve on this and the physical side. We were bad in this area. Something for unai to work on

Really odd game of football, I thought we'd get something from the game.

But, Villa lacked urgency. There wasn't much spirit, fire, drive, they just plodded along. This style really helped Forest get players behind the ball and double-post on certain players.

I thought Digne was really good and gave him MOTM but then he missed a great chance to score. McGinn and Torres both good too.

Many of them were coasting today though which was poor. I'm not going to be too upset though as third place was within our reach, thankfully Liverplop dropped points.

Typical of Villa though really.

Zaniolo, Diaby, Bailey today all really poor. Watkins struggled but had three defenders around him most of the match so difficult for him to have much impact.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tinker said:

Complete bollox, there was no booing 

Agreed, I stayed until the end and never heard any booing of the team. Not sure where that has come from?

I will say the Forest fans were loud today, the early goal pumped them up and subdued us-fans and team. 

It’s just one of those irritating Villa performances that we like to throw in every so often.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, claretman said:

Agreed, I stayed until the end and never heard any booing of the team. Not sure where that has come from?

I will say the Forest fans were loud today, the early goal pumped them up and subdued us-fans and team. 

It’s just one of those irritating Villa performances that we like to throw in every so often.  

Away fans don't boo, unless the manager has lost them... I'm fairly certain Unai hasn't 

• Like 1

Probably more annoying than anything. Forest scored on two outside the box shots that I would hardly call clinical though the first goal was fair play. 

Is what it is. Need to keep levels high for every match. 

45 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I'm gonna be really controversial now, I've had a few and I've spent the afternoon\evening with dingles... but I don't think we were that bad, we dominated possession just couldn't score. I'm not worried 

I would tend to respectfully disagree. Forest after scoring early on in each half has happy to let us have the ball and defended in a very disciplined way.

We had lots of the ball but had no idea what to do with it and resorted to hopelessly crossing it in the box, where diaby, Watkins and bailey had little to no chance to get much joy.

Our forward line was mostly invisible and our midfielders were unable to find a way through. We didn't seem to have a plan or the personell to play against a low block today.

• Like 3

Tbf, there’s been very few examples of us actually being any good away from home this season.  

Exquisite at home but haven’t looked convincing on the road yet apart from Alkmaar.

Edited by Wainy316

3 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

I wish everyone had this approach. The level of entitlement, given where we've come from and how quickly we've done it, blows my mind.

it's not entitlement. every single interview from the managers and players makes reference to constant improvement and champions league being the aim. i guarantee unai will have the lads in training tomorrow and will be telling them in no uncertain terms that today was unacceptable. we're just holding the team to the same standards

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Kind of ironic how lethargic we looked considering we didn't have a game mid - week. There was no urgency about us in contrast to Forest who were full of intensity. It was just a really strange performance from virtually the whole team. 

It feels like we’ve been like that at all our away games.. we just normally score, and we don’t concede from shots outside the box

I’m sure Unai will figure it out

The ref did his regular, consistent match.  In his rule book, if the contact occurs above the knees, it’s not a foul.   This is his style, he does it every match he does.   

what angers me is that forest played like they knew that, we played like we’ve never seen him before.  

• Like 1