Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Luton

limpid

Match Polls  

206 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/10/23 at 23:59

The villa juggernaut keeps rolling on! I thought we had a hell of a lot of the ball and really should have done more with it at times. Watkins deserved at least one assist for the zaniolo chance and a goal, arguably 2 assists and a goal should have been the minimum today but he can’t haul every game I suppose.

Fantastic opportunity for us now to cement ourselves in the top 5, as newcastle dropped points yday and have arsenal next and Brighton messed up against Fulham whilst we have forest who, whilst tougher than luton, should still be a win for us. 

We controlled the game today but I think at times our movement needed to be better as we really could and should have put them to the sword today and used the chance to improve our GD

Just got home from the match.

Solid performance with some good quality at times, barely broke out of first gear and had we been more clinical would have scored at least 5. Thought McGinn was very good today, along with Konsa, Torres, Diaby and Digne. Special mention for Bailey too who just looks a different player now.

Jury very much out on Zaniolo, we were evidently better with him not on the pitch second half.

Thought the atmosphere was pretty good all things considered, seemed like the Holte made more effort to break into spontaneous song than I’ve witnessed the last few times I’ve been (first visit this season).

Only annoyance is the goal conceded, which sums up how good we are at the moment because if that’s all I’m getting annoyed at then things are really going well.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Didn't sound subdued on TV. The fans sounded in good form!

Indeed - especially on the rare occasion that the Luton players had the ball for more than 30 seconds, you could clearly hear the fans singing "We want our ball back"  🤣

• Like 2

Lucky for us we’re playing so well that Zaniolos poor form isn’t hampering us. Feels like there could be a good player there but he needs to do something soon.

Apart from that it was a routine win and we haven’t been able to say that in years.

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

That Dendonker **** up was basically a carbon copy of how we lost to Stevenage. We really need to reinforce in January if we want to keep this going because I'd play an empty pair of boots above some of the players we have to have on the bench.

Mate this is exactly what I thought of straight away i dont want him in the side again if im honest too much of a liability and im losing patience with zaniolo just not good enough, seen enough to know he doesn’t fit well with us hes too slow and makes silly decisions , wouldn’t lose sleep if we lost him to that betting scandal…

Mcginn was my MOTM today , happy for the win… couldn’t believe i was watching the Manchester derby hoping for city to drop points 😂 my club is in and amongst these teams can you believe…. I bloody love professor Emery and i love this club right now 🤝