Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

18 hours ago, bickster said:

Just imagine @Xela... Toilet says NOOOO!

I imagine I would be blacklisted. Or would that be brownlisted? 🤔

if you add up all the numbers on a roulette wheel they come to the total of 666, as Billy in Predator said 'There's something out there waiting for us, and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die.

On 28/05/2020 at 21:37, bickster said:

Just imagine @Xela... Toilet says NOOOO!

And if you're not permitted to use it...it shuts so you have to shit on the floor?!

Imagine being the poor bastard having to plough through picture after picture of rotten anuses to start off the machine learning. 

2 hours ago, ml1dch said:

In Ad Astra, Brad Pitt plays a rocket scientist who owns a car. Thus achieving the trifecta of things that do not impress Shania Twain.

(Nicked from Jake Yapp's excellent daily podcast)

I hadn't thought about that song for about 20 years and then it came on the radio a few weeks ago. I couldn't believe how bad it was, not just the lyrics, but the actual standard of production.

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

I think I only know one Shania Twain song - "Man, I Feel Like a Woman". That was her, wasn't it? 

That was the Robert Palmer vid rip-off one, yup.  I think there's one more, these things tend to come in threes...

I feel like the other one might have been more ballad-esque.  Gah, it's winding me up.  But that's normally the formula; two dancey, one ballad (see also: Aqua doing "Barbie Girl", then "Dr. Jones" but then getting all serious/maudlin with "Turn Back Time").

Nope it's no good, I had to look it up.  "You're Still The One" was the other Shania-chart-botherer.

Well, this has been quite the unexpected rabbit hole this afternoon.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

I feel like the other one might have been more ballad-esque.  Gah, it's winding me up.  But that's normally the formula; two dancey, one ballad (see also: Aqua doing "Barbie Girl", then "Dr. Jones" but then getting all serious/maudlin with "Turn Back Time").

You're Still The One innit.  

Edit: post ruined

Edited by sharkyvilla

2 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

Nope it's no good, I had to look it up.  "You're Still The One" was the other Shania-chart-botherer.

Well, this has been quite the unexpected rabbit hole this afternoon.

I thought you meant "From This Moment On", she is stupid hot in that video. :wub:

15 hours ago, Tegis said:

I thought you meant "From This Moment On", she is stupid hot in that video. :wub:

* takes off down a rabbit hole * ...

EDIT I thought the YT 2020 comments would all be "Cultural appropriation", but no they weren't, which was nice.

18 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

One of my favourite video's Dr Jones is 

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It's a good looking plane...still pretty 

Can someone get the psych-eval’ kit and some meds ready? Kenji’s gone a bit funny. Thinks B-52 bombers look “pretty”. Yeah, it could be serious.

On 03/06/2020 at 19:26, Tegis said:

I once read an interview that during the cold winter months she lets herself go hairy all over

spacer.png

Edited by Follyfoot

19 minutes ago, blandy said:

Can someone get the psych-eval’ kit and some meds ready? Kenji’s gone a bit funny. Thinks B-52 bombers look “pretty”. Yeah, it could be serious.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I guess, but bloody hell - that longevity. 

Got me thinking about the debate on the "things you wonder" thread, about when the quantum leaps in technological change happened in the last century. You have to say WWII was a huge catalyst. I'm sure I've brought this up before, but one year before the outbreak of war, the RAF's frontline fighter was the Gloster Gladiator - a fixed undercarriage, piston engined biplane. One year after the end of the war, it was the Gloster Meteor, a twin-engined jet. A mere seven years. 

• Like 3

Â