Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

10 hours ago, mjmooney said:

The release date of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band is closer to the end of the First World War than it is to today. 

You're right!

Spoiler

That is totally useless ;)

poking-with-stick-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

Ted Bundy, infamous US serial killer whose story is more bizarre and horrifying than the recent movie about his trial would have you believe, used an obscure Florida law to get married. He called a former co-worker as a character witness, and while questioning her, proposed. She said yes. In Florida, a marriage declaration in the presence of a judge is legal.

He also gave us this cracking quote

You learn what you need to kill and take care of the details. It's like changing a tire. The first time you're careful.

By the thirtieth time you can't remember where you left the lug wrench.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Just now, OutByEaster? said:

The bloke that wrote "Lets get ready to rumble" for Ant & Dec also wrote all of Bros's hits.

Seems entirely unremarkable, that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

The bloke that wrote "Lets get ready to rumble" for Ant & Dec also wrote all of Bros's hits.

Trivia upon trivia but that song was called Let’s get ready to rhumble because Michael Buffer of professional boxing fame trademarked the correct spelling of that phrase. 

Edited by The_Rev
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, The_Rev said:

Trivia upon trivia but that song was called Let’s get ready to rhumble because Michael Buffer of professional boxing fame trademarked the correct spelling of that phrase. 

I know it's not all from saying that phrase, but he allegedly earns between $25k and $100k per fight, where basically all he does is the intros and says those words.

There have been times when his fee has been $1million.

He's alleged to have earned around $400m from trademarking that phrase.

And of course Bruce Buffer apparently gets $100k a show from UFC simply because he's Michael Buffer's brother.

It's now a self fulfilling prophecy that it's not a big fight unless you've got one of the Buffer brothers doing the intro. Weird how people can make so much by doing so little just because they got the right breaks in life, isn't it? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The_Rev said:

And of course Bruce Buffer apparently gets $100k a show from UFC simply because he's Michael Buffer's brother

And he was the one making sure Michael made the phrase-trademark  Smart dude 😁

1 hour ago, The_Rev said:

And of course Bruce Buffer apparently gets $100k a show from UFC simply because he's Michael Buffer's brother.

I always thought it was odd that they had the same last name but it never clicked they might be related!

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

I always thought it was odd that they had the same last name but it never clicked they might be related!

Imagine if they ever fell out.

Michael Buffer ringing up Dana White and saying "$5k more per show and I'll do it instead of Bruce"

On 07/05/2019 at 06:27, KenjiOgiwara said:

You have all heard of allotropes of carbon. Most typically graphite. Graphene however is another synthesized allotrope of carbon, yet by tweaking the molecular structure you and up with a material several hundred times stronger than steel and several times the spesific surface of biochar. Essentially the brother to the soft shite in your pencil. Kinda neat.  

They say graphene can do everything apart from leave the lab

On 07/05/2019 at 06:27, KenjiOgiwara said:

You have all heard of allotropes of carbon. 

Not me. I assume they're one of these shit modern bands. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Not me. I assume they're one of these shit modern bands. 

I think it sounds like a band that needs to happen, a kind of neo classical / post metal cross over band

• Like 2

11 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

They say graphene can do everything apart from leave the lab

Maybe one for the science thread, or possibly the boring thread, but why *hasn't* it taken off? It was discovered over a decade ago now. 

25 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Maybe one for the science thread, or possibly the boring thread, but why *hasn't* it taken off? It was discovered over a decade ago now. 

I think while inexpensive its an incredibly slow process to create it and pretty much impossible to mass produce it. 

• Thanks 1

Â