Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

4 hours ago, mjmooney said:

That's an urban myth. They were actually named after Sir Leslie Hore-Pelican, minister of large seabird safety. 

Did you actually read that or are you just parroting what someone else said ?

Raymond Burr had an interest in, and knowledge of, the cultivation and hybridization of orchids. He and partner of 35 years, Robert Benevides, set up Sea God Nurseries, becoming, in the 20-odd years of its operation, an international presence with ranges in Fiji, Hawaii, the Azores and Southern California. They were responsible for over 1,500 new orchids added to the worldwide catalog. Burr cultivated an orchid that he named after his former Perry Mason (1957), co-star, Barbara Hale, as the symbol of friendship.

2 minutes ago, blandy said:

Go on then, Skua us all with your avian wittery

I would do but I’m in the middle of an argument with my local Indian take-away about the heat of their curries… I’m having a korma rant 😳

(I will get my coat, excuse myself from the forum and have a word with myself…sorry) 

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I would do but I’m in the middle of an argument with my local Indian take-away about the heat of their curries… I’m having a korma rant 😳

(I will get my coat, excuse myself from the forum and have a word with myself…sorry) 

I have spent 5 minutes researching Korma and typing a well formed posted raging against the korma and who it was named after. Now bloody wasted as you have used the punch line. Wasted. 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I have spent 5 minutes researching Korma and typing a well formed posted raging against the korma and who it was named after. Now bloody wasted as you have used the punch line. Wasted.

Couple of boobies should cheer you right up (no not on here ;))

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

annoyed-giveup.gif

• Haha 1

This was looking like it would turn into a punfest of his-stork proportions then got a little auk-ward and fizzled out.   I expected to be heron a lot more, frankly.   Still, I have no egrets.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, il_serpente said:

This was looking like it would turn into a punfest of his-stork proportions then got a little auk-ward and fizzled out.   I expected to be heron a lot more, frankly.   Still, I have no egrets.

not everyone is as obsessed with childish puns like you, I for one hate being pigeon holed like that, just because you are good at puns doesn't mean its anything to crow about

The first celebrity to own and manage their own website (creating content for it, corresponding with fans).

Before I reveal the answer, anyone care to guess?

Clues -

Male

American 

Deceased

And he’s probably not the person you’re thinking of. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

The first celebrity to own and manage their own website (creating content for it, corresponding with fans).

Clues -

Male

American 

Deceased

Wild guess - Robin Williams! 

11 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Clues -

Male

American 

Deceased

Abraham Lincoln?

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Clues -

Male

American 

Deceased

Stalin

27 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Clues -

Male

American 

Deceased

James Randi?

Â