• McGinn
    • Diaby
    • Watkins
    • Bailey (Zaniolo 75)
    • Tielemans (Diaby 84)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/10/23 at 22:59

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Only one match played and we get under 13 minutes on MOTD2. Brilliant.

And why did they show all the goals from yesterday, that they must have already showed. Yesterday.

I turned off when Ollie disappeared.

They always show the goals from Saturday on MOTD2. It’s part of the format.What was your case for them to change that for this edition?

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

Am I the only one who thinks this was a somewhat disjointed team performance despite the comfortable scoreline? 

I’m glad we got the third goal because they were the stronger team at 2-1. They’re a good side so we were unlikely to be dominant for 90 mins so no I don’t think it was disjointed overall but we did look a bit dodgy for a while which has probably been forgotten by fans but Emery won’t have forgotten it.

• Like 1

Do you know what ....... we could be sitting here bemoaning our injury list, Mings, Beundia, Moreno, Ramsey, that's the intire left-hand side of our team & sitting midtable or bottom half all saying we will climb the table when our injuries clear up. But we're not we have 4 big player out injured & we're sitting 5th 2pts off the summit, the scary thing is how good we will be when them 4 players are back in the sqaud, only under Emery is this possible he is elite he is world class in my eyes, enjoy it people because he won't be here for ever, I'm hoping a long time but I doubt we will see a better manger at our great club in my lifetime.

• Like 4

I think it's fair to say we'd be delighted with our current position even if we'd had no injuries at all. Can't quite believe how well we're doing all things considered.

Here comes another European game to drag us back to earth:)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

• I didn't notice the ref during the game. That's the first time this season I can vote "Good" in the match poll with a clear conscience

There isn't a vote for the referee, the vote is for "refereeing" and VAR was appalling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

I’m glad we got the third goal because they were the stronger team at 2-1. They’re a good side so we were unlikely to be dominant for 90 mins so no I don’t think it was disjointed overall but we did look a bit dodgy for a while which has probably been forgotten by fans but Emery won’t have forgotten it.

At 2-1 they piled forward and abandoned their plans to keep it tight at the back. They left huge spaces at the back and we fluffed our lines a few times with some poor final balls and some poor execution. Eventually we broke away and scored from one of these chances, we had about 3 failed breakaway in their period of pressure ( which didn't lead to any clear cut chances, did it?)

Why they abandoned their sit tight tactic at 2-1 is a bit of a mystery tbh, with hindsight they should have kept playing the way they was and try and hit us on the break. Instead they allowed us space at the back and despite us making hard work scoring the 3rd goal it was only a matter of time with the quality of our forward line. 

Special mention goes to Carragher who had a right rant at Zaniolo for staying down with a head injury, their was clearly contact with the back of his head on the replay, which he never seen or wanted to see,  idiot. 

• Like 1

Â