Pre Match Thread Cup Final 8 of 37 🤯

rjw63

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

If Doug Luiz doesn't get booked today I'll be amazed. 

Luton would be the perfect game to miss.

Is there a website to verify the players cards tallying that accumulate to a ban? 

Edited by Kingman

We should win and we really need to win to underline our intention and demonstrate what we are capable of. Win today and we are two points off the top, that’s pretty impressive, especially with the run of games in November. Its not inconceivable that we could win all those games and if we round off with a win against Spurs, who knows where we will be but 3rd is a very reasonable assumption.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

If Doug Luiz doesn't get booked today I'll be amazed. 

Luton would be the perfect game to miss.

I remember a game back in the 90s where Alan Wright was desperately trying to get booked so as to get his suspension out of the way at an advantageous time. He committed foul after foul, with the ref just laughing and looking the other way, until he finally relented and booked him, to resounding cheers from the Holte. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Withnail said:

For those going don’t forget to remind Zouma that VillaTalk is anti cat kicking. We are anti cat kicking aren’t we?

I mean it really depends. 

Depends on if he eats gravy with fish and if he stands up or sits down to wipe. Only then can we decide if VT forgives him for kicking cats. 

If you want to get booked surely deliberate hand ball is the best way? 

Hopefully he's tipped off Zanilio about when he's going to do it. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

By appointing Unai (and fully supporting him), NSWE have given us the best possible chance of success…

We’ve just got to be patient and understanding (imagine where we’d be now without the injuries) … but if it doesn’t happen under Unai, I don’t think it ever will…

He’s done an incredible job so far but he’s only just getting started…

It's going to be tough as well.

The likes of Chelsea appear to be turning a corner, and they almost have too much talent to fail and/or stay shite. ( Include Man U etc )

So patience will definitely be needed, we are competing for limiting spots against some very strong clubs/teams.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The likes of Chelsea appear to be turning a corner, and they almost have too much talent to fail and/or stay shite. ( Include Man I etc )

So patience will definitely be needed, we are competing for limiting spots against some very strong clubs/teams.

While all of that is true, we have SJM.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The likes of Chelsea appear to be turning a corner, and they almost have too much talent to fail and/or stay shite. ( Include Man U etc )

I hope and believe that we can get rid of the “inferiority complex” eventually too…

I don’t think we need to feel “lesser than” compared to other clubs for much longer, with Unai building a legacy here…

It’s time to start facing them up and putting in positive and competitive performances vs them… Unai has already managed to get some big results against those sides and we will get better with time…

We don’t need to fear anyone… and we can try n do things the right way rather than how others do it… 

Not saying we will win the league or CL 😂 but we can push those clubs as hard as possible and really give them a hard time!!

UTV!

5 minutes ago, striker said:

Most overrated player on here. Let’s see how he does against Prowse today?

What a load of rubbish, and you know it. Just because Everton are awful you don’t need to come on VT spouting this kind of thing. 
You used to post quite normal, balanced posts on here… it’s like someone has hacked your account it’s so different now! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, striker said:

Most overrated player on here. Let’s see how he does against Prowse today?

Also last season’s supporters player of the season. And the player’s player of the  season.

So the high regard he’s held in extends beyond VT. 

15 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

What a load of rubbish, and you know it. Just because Everton are awful you don’t need to come on VT spouting this kind of thing. 
You used to post quite normal, balanced posts on here… it’s like someone has hacked your account it’s so different now! 

Yep.

Sounds like he’s dying for a WH victory today too… 🙄

Most overrated poster on here…

Edited by Jas10
  • Haha 2