Europa Conference League 23/24

Made In Aston

35 minutes ago, wedge said:

I love Kadikoy too, but God knows what it would be like as an Englishman when Fenerbahce are playing the Villa!!  🙃

I think I'll still go. Still have plenty of friends who'd avert the stabby stabby....I hope.

2 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

I think I'll still go. Still have plenty of friends who'd avert the stabby stabby....I hope.

Didn't see the result. Olympiakos it is then.

If we get past Olympiacos, I hope we get Fiorentina next. I have a feeling Brugge could wind up being a tricky contest for us. I think we'd do better against an Italian opposition. Fiorentina is a bigger club, too. I want us to face the biggest clubs we can, always.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

They any good? 

Podence ex Wolves who always scores against us and has a worldy plays for them.

3 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

They any good? 

I don't think they're as good as Lille. I remember last season though the third place Europa teams seemed to go a lot further in the conference?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

I don't think they're as good as Lille. I remember last season though the third place Europa teams seemed to go a lot further in the conference?

I notice Podence plays for them now. He was a bit of a pain for us when playing for Wolves. No idea if he’s fit or how he’s been doing though. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

The most important question is, when did Olympiakos become Olympiacos?

I've wondered that, too. Also: One of the best badges ever?

spacer.png

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

When I see the Olympiacos' badge, I sometimes think of old Ultravox album covers. I think Peter Saville were involved in that one? I love that Downcast & Pouty Greek Dude look.

spacer.png

Edited by Marka Ragnos

Emery in his presser saying that even the club are currently unsure if Martinez can play in the next round?  Bit of a farce really.

It’s not exactly 100 per cent he’s not going to be for the next round, available to play.

“In the beginning I think it’s not, but we are in conversations with UEFA about it.

edit - looks like he’s banned for the first leg! Gutting

Edited by ferguson1

Coral have us evens favourites to lift the trophy and Olympiacos are at 9/1. Those bookies know their stuff, they've had us favourites since the start.  

First leg at home, no penalty shootout to worry about, stick 3 or 4 past them and we’re happy to play away to book another trip to Greece at the end of the month. European final on a warm day in May, ring any Bells??? UTV!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Â