Ratings & Reactions: UECL: Villa v Zrinjski Mostar

limpid

Match Polls  

193 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/10/23 at 22:59

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Rousing finish and hopefully the kickstart we need in Europe to go on a good run.

Still lots of question marks over Tielemans, Zaniolo, Dendoncker. Bailey wasn’t too impressive tonight either but made up for meatball getting the winner at the holte end in the 94th minute, great moment for him irrespective of the opposition.

First half wasn’t good, Emery needs to come up with a way of changing up the team without it falling to shit, that’s kinda on the players but perhaps he needs to adapt too in some way.

In fairness he did that at half time.

I thought Lenglet grew into the game pretty well, he had little defending to do but did it well enough and was tidy on the ball. Definitely should have been braver though on the header which if he had, probably would have gone in from that range.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CosmicVillan said:

True, I met him in the early 2000's when he was Eng U21 coach and he didn't seem to really want to talk about the Villa. Never meet your heroes.  

He’s like Safegate.

A massive jizztrumpet.

• Like 1

Just now, HKP90 said:

Fair play. I didn't think he was much cop tbh, and his stats seem to back that up. Made the most passes of any of our players but had the  second lowest pass completion behind Bailey. Also no tackles all game, and kept letting up the pressure on them by trying shots from way out that flew over the bar

His passes were progressive,  defense splinting (high risk of lossing possession) Some never worked others did but led to nothing. He's a quality player in possession, he's not too good defensively but he's not the problem today. The whole team was too slow to move the ball, against these teams we have to have more confidence in our ability to beat them.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, supermon said:

There fans were pretty amazing, fair play to them and that one fan that led their chants, amazing atmosphere, great 3 points.

Apart from that one fan that was clearly doing a Nazi salute live on TNT Sport 😂

16 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

The shirt pull was never a pen IMO. Started outside the box

Irrelevant to whether a foul starts outside of the box.

Not strong enough of a pull? Perhaps. 

Oh the whole I was encouraged by the Lenglet, Tielmans, Carlos and Dendoncker performances. They were not great but were OK. Duran somehow did not get into the game. Bailey had a good return to the first team. With Watkins. Luiz and Cash coming on we were a different team.

Although I gave McGinn the MotM, I thought Cash was great.

• Like 1

All of you saying we should stop this rotation do realise that the season has just started and we will need every one of them.

They need to be integrated as much as the first team.

We won the game tonight and gave 45 minutes football to much of the squad, its a double win if you ask me!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, fruitvilla said:

Irrelevant to whether a foul starts outside of the box.

Not strong enough of a pull? Perhaps. 

Oh the whole I was encouraged by the Lenglet, Tielmans, Carlos and Dendoncker performances. They were not great but were OK. Duran somehow did not get into the game. Bailey had a good return to the first team. With Watkins. Luiz and Cash coming on we were a different team.

Although I gave McGinn the MotM, I thought Cash was great.

Should be irrelevant, but I believe that's how it's always been refereed. Correct me if I'm wrong

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Not really, he just took off the backup players (and Digne) and brought on the first teamers he must have been hoping to rest.

Didn't we change formation completely at half time? 3 at back?

Also played higher up, pushed Cash forward, changed from a double pivot to a single?