Ratings & Reactions: UECL: Villa v Zrinjski Mostar

limpid

Match Polls  

193 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/10/23 at 22:59

1 minute ago, a-k said:

Is it wrong that I feel gutted for Zrinjski? Incredible defending in the 2nd 45.

No they were proper committed. Glad we won but they gave absolutely everything they had.

• Like 1

For me, Unai got the team selection wrong yet again, tactics wrong yet again, and failed to fix it throughout.

He just doesn't have what he needs outside the starting 11 to play his style and needs to swallow his pride and set the team up to suit the players he selects rather than shoehorn players into a way of playing they are completely unsuitable for.

Mostar fought hard, but Villa never got out of 1st gear.

• Like 2

I think today was less about us being poor but the opposition defending as if their lives depended on the game. Fortunately for us we did manage to breach their defence and get the goal just in the nick of time. 

• Like 3

Playing us is a cup final for nearly every team in this competition,  its a nightmare for us.

Countless chances , they defended well......very well but we never played with Any urgency until the 90 minute, we need more attacking aggression in these type of games.

Motm ,McGinn he wanted it more than everyone and thats why he made that run and.jump for the goal. UTV 

• Like 1

flippin eck that was hard work...i actually feel for their back 5. the rest of the team were poor but that defence didn't deserve to lose that game. they'll be heartbroken

oh well

Just now, Khizzy said:

I think today was less about us being poor but the opposition defending as if their lives depended on the game. Fortunately for us we did manage to breach their defence and get the goal just in the nick of time. 

Absolutely, but we also made it unnecessarily hard for ourselves and wasted a good 35min before actually going for it too.

Â