Jareth

2 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Are people genuinely still believing we are in a title race?

We will be second if we win our game in hand and its over halfway through the season.

Do I think we will win it? No. Are we in the title race? Quite obviously yes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Are people genuinely still believing we are in a title race?

There's surprisingly a fair few people who don't believe city will now win 10+ games in a row and win it comfortably because the PL is competitive again this year... 

4 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

We’re not going to win the bloody title you fools. Enjoy the ride, and celebrate if we’re lucky to finish fourth.

5th

With then us needing city, Liverpool and us to win the European cups to get in 

We're going to have the pain of wanting city to win a CL final as it secures us CL 

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

5th

With then us needing city, Liverpool and us to win the European cups to get in 

We're going to have the pain of wanting city to win a CL final as it secures us CL 

I actually said at the beginning of the season that I felt " 5th " was our title.

I'm more worried about other teams picking up momentum, than I am about us.

Good thing is we have players coming back, and players hopefully coming into form as well.

Every point is important from here on our.

2 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

People should be far more worried about 4th than the wet dream of finishing first. 

Race for Champions League - 126 pages

Title Race - 71

People are more concerned with Top 4. You don't need to run in and ruin the fun just so you can say "I told you so" in April. We know. It's fun.

3 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

People should be far more worried about 4th than the wet dream of finishing first. 

We scored 2nd most points in 2023 4pts more than Liverpool. Lovingly STFU

4 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Or shoot for the moon... 

Being in a title race with low expectations is more fun than being in a CL race with high expectations 

The longer we're in the title race the better our CL chances are 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

There is another thread for that.

We are in the title race, whether you like it or not.

We might not be in 5-10 games time. But right now, we are in the title race. 

10 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Dude. So negative. We won’t be finishing anywhere with that attitude! 

We just need to consentrate on winning games, as many as possible, then see where we are at the end of it. You never know, our plan might be to turn on the gas for the 2nd half of the season, it's how Emery used to win the Trophies.

Tottenham may be our only worry for 4th, an I'm sure they will tire before the end of the season the way Ange has got them playing.

It’s unlikely we win the title but you never know. Villa this year have a had a habit of late equalizers but you can see City and Liverpool get into habits of late winners. 

We haven’t yet developed that final gear when we need it in the last 10-15 minutes of a game. We’re more than capable of blowing the barn doors off and then holding the lead but winning all 3 when we’re behind might be a step too far this year for us.