Jareth

I think we'll have a much harder 2nd half of the season tbh with some tough away games and being unable to sustain the incredible home form. I also think we are still 3 top players away for having the depth to sustain the top 4 challenge. Another RB, CDM & CF. If we do however manage to stay in the pack for the distance, then Emery will have produced a miracle. He already has to be fair to him. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

I don’t think there is a single Villa fan in the world who genuinely thinks we are going to  win the league. 

10% of adults believes that the earth is flat, 9% is unsure.

Aston Villa winning the league is more likely, so I'm sure a lot of fans thinks we are going to do it.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I'm backing Saudicastle to beat Liverpool on Monday. 

That would be a bad result for us. 

To get top 5, we will need to finish above 2 of Newcastle, Man United and Spurs. We need those 3 to lose their games whenever possible.

Man City are alllowed to play in our league with their own financial doping rules and will win the league comfortably. Easily 5 to 10 points clear.

And again next year. And the year after that. They are playing with a fixed deck and that will be the difference when the business end of the season comes around and they can play 2 sets of billion pound starting 11's whilst everyone else has to follow the rules and suffer injuries, fatigue and suspensions.

Its disgusting but thats the way it is.

After that, Liverpool and Arsenal are likely to battle it out for 2nd and 3rd.

We are only ever a Luiz, Kamara, McGinn injury away from looking very fragile as the last 3 games have shown.

I hope that we can fix that one day, but it wont be this season.

After the top 3, its wide open but Spurs and Villa could complete the top 5.

We need to keep Newcastle and Man United as far back as possible as they are teams we could finish above. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

I don’t think there is a single Villa fan in the world who genuinely thinks we are going to  win the league. 

The only ones that do are the ones that call in to TalkSport and make us all look daft.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, maqroll said:

I'm backing Saudicastle to beat Liverpool on Monday. 

3 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Only if you assume that they then go on winning. I'd happily take Newcastle beating Liverpool, and then reverting to being crap. 

I'm a believer, mate. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

To get top 5, we will need to finish above 2 of Newcastle, Man United and Spurs. We need those 3 to lose their games whenever possible.

Man City are alllowed to play in our league with their own financial doping rules and will win the league comfortably. Easily 5 to 10 points clear.

And again next year. And the year after that. They are playing with a fixed deck and that will be the difference when the business end of the season comes around and they can play 2 sets of billion pound starting 11's whilst everyone else has to follow the rules and suffer injuries, fatigue and suspensions.

Its disgusting but thats the way it is.

After that, Liverpool and Arsenal are likely to battle it out for 2nd and 3rd.

We are only ever a Luiz, Kamara, McGinn injury away from looking very fragile as the last 3 games have shown.

I hope that we can fix that one day, but it wont be this season.

After the top 3, its wide open but Spurs and Villa could complete the top 5.

We need to keep Newcastle and Man United as far back as possible as they are teams we could finish above. 

And yet here we are, joint top going into the new year, having had a couple of disappointing results and hit by injuries & suspensions. 

I'm still on the believe train. 

• Like 1

Liverpool will beat Newcastle.

However their next three after are Bournemouth and Arsenal away and Chelsea at home.

They aren't winning all three without Salah.

So I do think we will have another chance this season to win a game and go top which will be pretty cool. Let's hope we step up on the night if that happens.

21 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

If Liverpool don't beat Newcastle then we'd go top for at least a week if we beat Everton

That means the most likely outcome is that Newcastle beat Liverpool and we fail to beat Everton.

This season we have been presented the opportunity to go top numerous of times, and each time we have failed to capitalise on the opportunity.

If Newcastle beat Liverpool 7-0 and Arsenal fails to win against Fulham, we will go top for two weeks, without any possibility that we can mess it up.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

This season we have been presented the opportunity to go top numerous of times, and each time we have failed to capitalise on the opportunity.

Pretty sure the Sheff Utd game was only time, or when else did it happen?

• Like 1