Jareth

22 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

In fairness @Vive_La_Villa, you asked the question. 

Then this -

So what is the optimal amount of time that an injury has to be for you to consider it an issue? 

You must see that your argument is nonsense? By your rationale a team can “count” themselves unfortunate for a month long injury to a player but can’t feel likewise for a season long injury.

Sorry Jurgen, Salah is out for 6 months. Don’t worry, could be worse, it could have been a fortnight.”

I seem to recall Van Dijk being out for months and it being used as an excuse for Liverpool’s woes. Are we not allowed that?

I don’t think we have to remind ourselves EVERY game that those two are injured, but like I say, you did ask the question.

“Tell us then Pep, how bad is the injury to Haaland?”

”we’ve got the medical report in and it’s the worst we could have all feared: a 24 hour stomach bug. It’s a tough one but we’re all here for Erling and we know he’ll come back stronger”

”and what about KDB?”

”oh that’s just a broken leg. I’m sure he’ll shake it off within the next 18 months and we’ll be happy to see him back”

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

In fairness @Vive_La_Villa, you asked the question. 

Then this -

So what is the optimal amount of time that an injury has to be for you to consider it an issue? 

You must see that your argument is nonsense? By your rationale a team can “count” themselves unfortunate for a month long injury to a player but can’t feel likewise for a season long injury.

“Sorry Jurgen, Salah is out for 6 months. Don’t worry, could be worse, it could have been a fortnight.”

I seem to recall Van Dijk being out for months and it being used as an excuse for Liverpool’s woes. Are we not allowed that?

I don’t think we have to remind ourselves EVERY game that those two are injured, but like I say, you did ask the question.

I honestly didn’t think I had to ask the question and include the obvious ‘apart from Mings and Buendia’. I guess around here you do. 

I think the point he’s making is that Mings and Buendia got injured whilst the summer transfer window was still open and we signed Lenglet and Zaniolo on loan to deal with those injuries. We’d obviously rather Mings and Buendia but we do have a contingency plan.

• Thanks 1

Just now, WallisFrizz said:

I think the point he’s making is that Mings and Buendia got injured whilst the summer transfer window was still open and we signed Lenglet and Zaniolo on loan to deal with those injuries. We’d obviously rather Mings and Buendia but we do have a contingency plan.

Someone said we may struggle against Brentford because of injuries. I asked what injuries and honestly didn’t think we were still considering Mings and Buendia in this picture considering we are in a title challenge without them and all know they are out all season.. Then I got ridiculed for it.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Someone said we may struggle against Brentford because of injuries. I asked what injuries and honestly didn’t think we were still considering Mings and Buendia in this picture considering we are in a title challenge without them and all know they are out all season.. Then I got ridiculed for it.  

I’m taking the piss because you said that season long injuries shouldn’t count.

You said it here.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Mings and Buendia we can’t really count anymore. That’s a whole season thing. Dougie will be a massive miss.  Check out their injury list though. 

You also got all stroppy. Then intimated you were done for the night. 

53 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

**** me are people dumb or just trying to get a reaction from me? We all know Mings and Buendia are injured. The club planned for it. Are we really going to start using it as an excuse for tough games? 

I  give up with some of you lot. Goodnight. 

You have now thankfully edited a subsequent post but you then referred to some of us as something not so complimentary. It now reads “cheers lads”. That’s an improvement.

I would personally call it a night. But you do you.

32 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

So the title race…I see people Saying they’re supporting United over Liverpool tomorrow. As nice as it is to be up there amongst it, I can’t help feel it would be better for us in the long run if United stay well behind us. 

Errrrrrr no, we're looking ahead of us, not behind, Liverpool still have to visit villa Park......

I think manure will pick up and tomorrow is where they can, and will IMHO, get at least a point and tbh I can see them beating the bin dippers. UTV 

Edited by tinker
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

I actually think the broader point is that we havent been playing with them all season anyway.

The suspensions.obviously count though.

Just seems things could have been worded a bit better from all sides and some unnecessary spice made it an ' argument " 😂

I reckon people are defensive about the " injuries " comment as they are weary of it being used as an excuse for other clubs/media as to why we are doing so well relatively also.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

I’m counting Kortney Hause as a big miss as he’s injured too. 

Moreno and Ramsey only just coming back from injury so they need to count in one category or another. I’m hoping they will be able to get back to full speed sooner rather than later

2 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

So the title race…I see people Saying they’re supporting United over Liverpool tomorrow. As nice as it is to be up there amongst it, I can’t help feel it would be better for us in the long run if United stay well behind us. 

Yes I agree. I cannot see us finishing above Liverpool but we will need to finish above Man United, Spurs and Newcastle to get that 4th CL spot.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

The mathematics are clear.

We go top beating Sheffield United on Friday night.

Cannot wait, atmosphere going to be off the scale.

Bloody hell!

I'll take that for a christmas gift

Arsenal - Liverpool play too. Too perfect

• Like 1

Just now, Pinebro said:

Bloody hell!

I'll take that for a christmas gift

Arsenal - Liverpool play too. Too perfect

Liverpool-Newcastle is happening the weekend we play Burnley at home aswell.

This is the point in the season where we simply have to be ruthless regardless of who is suspended or injured for us.

Get the points on the board and give some of our chases impossible points differences to overhaul.

We can also get a decent lead over Man. City as we play twice before they play again in the prem.

• Like 1

Just now, VillaChris said:

Liverpool-Newcastle is happening the weekend we play Burnley at home aswell.

This is the point in the season where we simply have to be ruthless regardless of who is suspended or injured for us.

Get the points on the board and give some of our chases impossible points differences to overhaul.

We can also get a decent lead over Man. City as we play twice before they play again in the prem.

Business end of the season.

If we get thorugh January we are in it for real but hard ask

I'm just enjoying the moment