Jareth

13 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Caught the end of the City game they looked very tired and careless. Unlike them. Palace weren't particularly going for it but City gifted them. 

They've clearly lost motivation from winning the treble. Been incredibly sloppy in last three home games, winning all those up to last 10 minutes and drawing. Even Chelsea away they were 4-3 up going into injury time and then gave an obvious penalty.

Our game was the only one they've actually been outplayed in.

Good thing with Man. City dropping all these points is it means title is more likely to be won under 90 points. 85 looks a decent value bet so perhaps we do creep slightly more into the convo if we keep winning all our home games...

• Like 1

I have never liked saying the next match is must win (unless it's actually a situation where you must win) but I feel like if we get 6 points from our next two matches we could start to see a gap from us to the chasers...

10 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I have never liked saying the next match is must win (unless it's actually a situation where you must win) but I feel like if we get 6 points from our next two matches we could start to see a gap from us to the chasers...

So you’re saying it’s a must win? 😬

5 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

We win tomorrow and we could go top 😲

I could see Brighton drawing with Arsenal. You never know with Manure & Plop (less likely but United could turn up.)

I’m not so bothered by the others, at the moment, we just need to take care of our business.  Brentford, if serves me right memory wise, is tough for us generally, we need to turn up like we did against City, not like Forest.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I could see Brighton drawing with Arsenal. You never know with Manure & Plop (less likely but United could turn up.)

I am perfectly happy trundling along in second or third until Liverpool come to us i think penultimate game of the season. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

United have a habit of randomly turning up for brief " United are back " spells just to keep in touching distance of top 4 then reverting to type.

They always annoyingly manage to do so.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Brentford without Dougie especially won't be an easy game. It's these games when we generally slip into complacency mode so tomorrow is a big game.

Don’t think we’ll be complacent because everyone knows how good we have to be to keep in touch now. 

That said we’ve got a lot of injuries so it’ll be really tough test for us. 

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What injuries ?

Mings and Buendia

Potentially Bailey and Tielemans re Emery

Added to that both Dougie and Digne suspended.

Less impactful is Traore and Olsen out.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Mings and Buendia

Potentially Bailey and Tielemans re Emery

Added to that both Dougie and Digne suspended.

Less impactful is Traore and Olsen out.

Mings and Buendia we can’t really count anymore. That’s a whole season thing. Dougie will be a massive miss.  Check out their injury list though. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Very odd. So because we have long term injuries, to key players, we can't say "we have injuries"?

So every single game this season we are going to say this is going to be tough because of our injuries. Fair enough mate.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

**** me are people dumb or just trying to get a reaction from me? We all know Mings and Buendia are injured. The club planned for it. Are we really going to start using it as an excuse for tough games? 

I  give up with some of you lot. Goodnight. 

See you later mate- you won’t be missed 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1