Jareth

Europa Conference League is still a trophy within our grasp and one we should still target.

Winning titles is all about consistency, with Emery we are being more than consistent.

Hopefully one or two additions in January to push for a starting place in the first team will help, although I don't think Villa need much at all. 

14 minutes ago, mrchnry said:

I've completely lost interest in the Europa conference now. If anything we should drop it to keep momentum for top 4 

Nah, it's still what it was at the start a great bonus on the side, might even be more important now as bailey deserves to start vs arsenal but we have mostar to keep diaby going 

Emery has pretty much wiped his battycrease with what I thought was reasonable and possible since he arrived so I just continue to shake my head and enjoy the ride.

If Spurs or Chelsea were in our position all the media would say they were challenging for the title. As things look right now, of course we are.
But I'd say just enjoy the journey, take it game by game. It's incredible progress, way ahead of schedule and above expectations.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Unai Emery is a 2ppg manager at Villa, he’s shown it consistently now for a year. If that continues over the next 23 games we would finish on 78 points, which likely isn’t enough to win the league. However over the last three seasons it would have resulted in 3rd, 3rd and 2nd. Which obviously we would be ecstatic with. 

He is, but this season alone its over 2.1...and its on an increasing trend. If he ends up having averaged 2.2 for this season, then we are sitting on 82 at the end. It's very much in the realms of possibility. Probably going to need 85 to be in with a realistic shout though. 

21 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Yes and we are 8th in the away league table having played at Newcastle, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs and at 2 midlands rivals.

Beat Brentford and we can go as high as 3rd in the away table. Hardly terrible form.

We have played 8 away games, most of the teams below us have played 7 away games. It’s more likely we would drop places than gain places. 

Of course if we start winning away games we would move up the away table, that is a given.

I don’t think our away form is that bad, but it depends what you compare it to. If compared to previous seasons, it is pretty good. However, most will compare it to our home form and then our away form isn’t great. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Yes and we are 8th in the away league table having played at Newcastle, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs and at 2 midlands rivals.

Beat Brentford and we can go as high as 3rd in the away table. Hardly terrible form.

8th in the away league table is pretty bad form in the context of this thread being the title race thread. 

Of course, it's decent in general, not amazing but ok.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Who will we play in the Charity Shield after we win the league and the FA cup?

The PL runners-up, I can't wait! 

Coral have us fourth favourites to win the league @ 28/1 by the way, it's been a few years since we were that low in the betting to win this. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John said:

Coral have us fourth favourites to win the league @ 28/1 by the way, it's been a few years since we were that low in the betting to win this. 

Bloody hell, have we ever been 4th favourite for the league title? Not even in the MON years? Ron Atkinson era the last time?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Who will we play in the Charity Shield after we win the league and the FA cup?

Everybody say we should try to win the FA cup since we haven’t won it in their lifetime. I say, let’s win the Double, last time we won it I was too young to enjoy it properly. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, turvontour said:

This I what I still don't think a lot if people in the media have picked up on. 

Danny Mills came on talksport this morning and said to Gabby, "how is it Villa are so good all of a sudden?"

We've been the 2nd or 3rd best team in the Premier league really consistently for about the last 14 months, the day that Emery managed his first game. People still think we are on a good run this season.

Wow, what was Gabby’s reply?

3 hours ago, John said:

The PL runners-up, I can't wait! 

I got us at 80/1 😇

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mrchnry said:

I've completely lost interest in the Europa conference now. If anything we should drop it to keep momentum for top 4 

Think we can use it to give the players who are not starting every week game and also try and win it

Certainly the Thursday game we can play a lot of fringe players as we have qualified and just need a point to win the group