Jareth

Beat Arsenal and it'll be a legitimate time to say "Do you want to bet against us?" 

Also, we need to cut out being nice to the likes of Wolves, Forest etc away from home.  

Seemingly, the last piece of the puzzle is learning to control the game away from home and not letting the atmosphere get the better of us.  If we overcome that, then we're definitely in with a chance - However!  It's not that easy, obviously. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, turvontour said:

This I what I still don't think a lot if people in the media have picked up on. 

Danny Mills came on talksport this morning and said to Gabby, "how is it Villa are so good all of a sudden?"

We've been the 2nd or 3rd best team in the Premier league really consistently for about the last 14 months, the day that Emery managed his first game. People still think we are on a good run this season.

Yes......there a clear blind spot where Unai Emery and Villa are concerned.

Another cliché is the away form is bad. They roll that one out enough times.....

Jokers

• Like 1

On 12/11/2023 at 18:40, jayEm said:

Spurs, City and Arsenal in our next four.

On the evening of December 9th this place could (will probably) be much more tempered, realistic.

Or it could be absolute mayhem in here.

3 days and one fixture to go, too early to give the verdict?

I think given the pundits believe the team that are currently in 4th place in the PL will ultimately win the league, that the team that are in third place have a chance of winning it too. Pep agreed, when asked if we were in the title race:

“Yes, definitely, because of the way they are playing. When you are there, you see the physicality, the tempo, the speed, the bench, the organisation from Unai, in the set pieces, the high pressing how incredibly they defend in the back four, a good goalkeeper, absolutely.” Pep should know...;)

Top of the league is a step too far for us at this stage, and I would be very happy with top 4 for this season.

We need at least 2 top players this window to achieve even that.

(However, if we  should win the league this year, you can quote this post and shower me with derision)

• Haha 3

Last night was the big announcement to the world of what Emery is doing here, a lot of people waking up to the quality of this side.

Do we have a hope in the title race? V unlikely, wouldn’t be quite Leicester, but would be more like when Spurs nearly did it.

Think 4th is very doable, injuries permitting.