Ratings & Reactions: Chelsea v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

255 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/09/23 at 22:59

Luiz brilliant MOTM form me.

This referee is normally much better than he was today, but he always lets whole lot go.

we need to be much tidier in possession. move to show, pass crisply, move again.  not enought movement from the players and not enough quickness to the passing., both getting our head up and seeing the early options and pace on the ball... Emery will fix it.

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Wonderful and consistent form.

Prejudice as it comes.

Gerrard=winner though.

Brexit logic.

And we have the second most clean sheets since Don Unai has become the gaffer and the Most successful offsides by at least double the next team in the league. 

Liverscum won league with a similar number of offsides with their high line. 

7 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Can't believe they paid £115m for caicedo and didn't even play him today......

And Enzo. For the last 20 years midfield was always the strongest part of a Chelsea team. Gullit and Di Matteo Essien and Lampard , Kante and whoever else. Then Kovacic and Jorginho. Flashy or not , they were always strong and effective. Now they are easy to get on top of . 

4 hours ago, TRO said:

played better with the ball, than without it....it was too easy for them.

Feeling more encouraged? We saw improvements from our defensive players, namely Kamara, Pau and Konsa.

Far from a perfect performance but a definite step in the right direction…hopefully this is the beginning of a major upturn and some consistency…

I’m still really concerned by McGinn’s form… Ramsey could take his place.

Big fan of Zaniolo and believe he is going to go from strength to strength for us…

Great to have Ollie off the mark and maybe he can go on another goalscoring run now…

Thank you Unai 🙌

• Like 1

A good win, and I’ll take the three points. But there were a few times their players were clean through on goal, and if they weren’t called Jackson or Sterling we’d have been a few goals down.

That high line doesn’t work away from home, and against stronger teams we’ll see a few more results like Newcastle and Liverpool.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

He says in a post-game thread where we won at Stamford Bridge with a clean sheet

I dont understand why that would render mocking from you, reading the posts there is not a shadow of a doubt that @TRO is very happy about the result as we all fellow Villa fans are. Saying that he has a slight worry about the defence when even Emery afterwards says that we needed our goalkeeper isn't that unreasonable is it?

Personally I think we looked very good defensively compared to the last game and compared to Liverpool and Newcastle, I'm particularly pleased with Pau's progress and I love Konsa, even Cash who I have some doubts about was really good. Having said that, we did at times struggle with Sterling and Chilwell running through, which perhaps is unavoidable, but if we strive for perfection as I'm sure Emery and @TRO are doing, then that's something to have a look at and improve on.

The high line is risky but I think it’s also becoming dangerous for our players with refs not being allowed to put up their flags. It’s a matter of time we have an injury from a centre half bombing back or Emi having to make a one on one save even though it was clearly offside. 

36 minutes ago, duke313 said:

A good win, and I’ll take the three points. But there were a few times their players were clean through on goal, and if they weren’t called Jackson or Sterling we’d have been a few goals down.

That high line doesn’t work away from home, and against stronger teams we’ll see a few more results like Newcastle and Liverpool.

It's a worry but it keeps the home side away from our goal more than if we played a deeper line so reduces the overall chances the opposition creates in theory.  4 wins in 6 I'll go with whatever the manager sees fit, a great place to be

• Like 1

It wasn't a faultless display from the lads but please remember we were playing Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. Yes, this isn't an elite Chelsea of old but, it is still Chelsea away with many expensive international players in their side.

I have no doubt that Unai will make us a real force but we are still less than a year into his management of us. To expect us to go there and roll them over easily is getting ahead of ourselves a little bit. 

We needed Emi and the defence at times but, that's why you have a keeper and defence. They performed well for us and have us a platform to go win the game. Remember, their keeper made a few really good saves and the score could have looked a lot more impressive if it wasn't for him.

We may struggle against Man City, Arsenal, Newcastle, Liverpool, Spurs and Man Utd but there's nobody else to fear in this league. And, I'm sure when right at it we can give those other six a real game too. 

• Like 2

Wasn't our best performance but I don't think we have clicked fully yet in any game.I

Good response after Thursday, playing away and getting a clean sheet will do the whole team good.

First prem goal for Ollie which will help him relax and hopefully see him go on a run.

Good 3 points and sets us up nicely for Brighton.