The Lower Grounds Matchday experience

Don_Simon

They'll not get many people paying this. Deliver CL football and maybe, but Jesus this sounds like putting the cart before the horse.

There have to be better ways of raising revenue - surely. 

Is Heck not supposed to be the self proclaimed master of good sponsorship deals? Why the **** then is it the fans being fleeced?

So the Holte Suite (now Lower Grounds) has gone the way of the bar half way up the "Scottish" Stand (now Bar 1874), namely being no longer available to "ordinary" season ticket holders. Is the Holte Pub the only venue around the stadium that is still available to the odd season ticket holder on match days? It seems there is now a clear divide between the corporate customer and the season ticket holder, who faces a battle to get anything to eat or drink from inside the refreshment kiosks, within their respective stands. I can understand that the club are looking to maximise their income, but as has been said, sorting out those kiosks so they are more easily used, would increase match income too.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1HoV said:

. The club is losing out though, if they'd just sort their services for the other 40,000 fans at every game they sell a load more food and drink. 

This!

Imagine how much extra money they’d take if they could actually do the basics properly! So many people would buy drinks and food if they knew they could get served quickly. Open the bars a couple of hours before and after kick off and manage them properly and I’d bet they’d make more money from normal happy fans than they will through their hospitality scams. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

A mate called up and they confirmed over the phone that “house beers and wine are unlimited” so god knows what crap they have lined up as the freebie option. Premium beers will be charged. 

Chateau Plonk and Watney's Red Barrel then. A bit like an all-inclusive holiday, I'm sure a few will manage to get their money's worth. ;)🍺 

Who the **** has written that? It's like they've published the draft version.

mingling with former players and watching pre-match build-up, interviews and classic matches on large media screens in a convivial atmosphere

:crylaugh:

Ah yes. Large media screens.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

A mate called up and they confirmed over the phone that “house beers and wine are unlimited” so god knows what crap they have lined up as the freebie option. Premium beers will be charged. 

from what i remember of the holte suite they had amstel and moretti on tap, so unlimited amstel is not bad at all. it won't stay £60 for long though

8 minutes ago, est1874 said:

They'll not get many people paying this.

I’m intrigued to watch this one play out. I suspect I’m the typical target for this kind of thing. Too far away to be a regular but not enough history to get a ticket to most games. As a one-off in a season I’d probably stump up to see Villa play. Then again, at £120 a go, by the time I’ve paid for me, her and my old man, it’s a very expensive day out. Still probably would at some point though although I’d be full of self-loathing for being part of the ruination of football. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Who the **** has written that? It's like they've published the draft version.

:crylaugh:

Ah yes. Large media screens.

The draft version said lively atmosphere but people aren’t paying £120 for an atmosphere that is described like any other, no, this clientele deserve the Thesaurus treatment. And thus convivial was born. 

• Like 1

I think this is an opening day offer and as it’s the early kickoff game, they are banking on most people not getting there too early and therefore not drinking as much and the same for the food, a lot less will be eaten than if it was a 1500 I reckon.

going forward it will probably be at least £90 for ST holders 

I can see I'm in the minority on this but it seems reasonable to me?

I live sufficiently far form the ground that a season ticket, if I could even get one, would be false economy, and because it would only be on special occasions the additional benefits to make it a special day out is worthwhile not least because I get access to the live experience which currently has significant barriers to entry. I used to regularly go to watch the rugby internationals and these tickets are £100+ these days for your seat only. Music events are similar costs nowadays too. I suspect there will be plenty of people just like me who will pay a premium for a special occasion with a few bells and whistles on it that make it an event.

If anything I see this being a toe in the water and will soon be £200.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

I think this is an opening day offer and as it’s the early kickoff game, they are banking on most people not getting there too early and therefore not drinking as much and the same for the food, a lot less will be eaten than if it was a 1500 I reckon.

going forward it will probably be at least £90 for ST holders 

i actually think 4.5 hours of all inclusive food and drink for under £100 isn't terrible but you'd need to make sure you get your money's worth and as others have speculated i'm skeptical that the bar staff will serve quick enough. i'd want 6 pints in the 2.5 hours before plus at least 2 after to make it worth my while

8 pints @ £6 each = £48

£20 ish worth of food

£10 for entrance to a nice venue that includes meeting ex players etc

£80 is probably the max i'd pay based on that

• Like 1

Most of the big 6 are at this, if we want to compete we have to up the revenue from our home games.

As others have pointed out having a season ticket and being able to attend every home game is a luxury many can't afford, be it time or money. The more successful a club becomes the more it moves  away from local fans seems to be the way its going. 

Screenshot_20230920_133546_Travelzoo.jpg

• Like 1

This is a weird one for me.. as Thunderball says as a once every so often experience its probably not that bad, although I can see it being more expensive for bigger matches.

I'm assuming the Trinity seat will be in A4/A5 somewhere as they are the most expensive. As a £60 per match bolt on to a season ticket I personally don't see the value, that is just my opinion, some folk might do it as a one off but £1100 per season extra for a buffet is quite a lot and miles out of my pockets.

A season ticket used to be seen has the best you could be, now it appears you now have 5 levels of corporate above you now. As a member I am privileged to be able to get tickets these days and will be taking my 10 year old to most matches now but in the not to distant future I can see it being 70% season tickets and 20% corporate and 10% left for regular fans.

Will the street food still be available outside the ground too or will that be going in favour of being able to charge people extra.

23 minutes ago, choffer said:

I’m intrigued to watch this one play out. I suspect I’m the typical target for this kind of thing. Too far away to be a regular but not enough history to get a ticket to most games. As a one-off in a season I’d probably stump up to see Villa play. Then again, at £120 a go, by the time I’ve paid for me, her and my old man, it’s a very expensive day out. Still probably would at some point though although I’d be full of self-loathing for being part of the ruination of football. 

I’m in the same bracket. It’s going to cost around 300 per person for a weekend for myself and others to go. If this would guarantee seats together which is a big factor, hassle free food and drink before and after with a ticket included for £120 I would definitely consider it. It’s not really an authentic match day experience per se though so you have to think about that as well. 

My son and I are travelling over for the West Ham game, I might try and get us in here.

He's only eight years of old but would be good to see some former players too.

I think this is a good idea personally; as has been said Villa have to do it in order to maximise income.

• Like 2

Â