The Lower Grounds Matchday experience

Don_Simon

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

£120 a game is obviously ludicrous

but £60 for existing season ticket holders for all you can eat food for 4.5 hours with a 2 hour break in the middle? that sounds like a challenge to me...i reckon i could have a pretty decent crack at putting away £60 worth in that time so it's actually not a horrendous deal

Well if BeardMeatsFood or Leah Shutkever are season ticket holders, it going to cost the club money! 🤣

Elasticated waste tracksuit bottoms are the way forward here!

I read this as drinks are included. For an adult ticket with unlimited foot and drink, its not decent value. It doesnt work for me if im driving and ive got a kid with me.

The Lower Grounds will open its doors to a fan-focused experience, which will include food and drinks as part of the package, for the first time against Brighton and Hove Albion on Saturday, September 30.

3 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I read this as drinks are included. For an adult ticket with unlimited foot and drink, its not decent value. It doesnt work for me if im driving and ive got a kid with me.

The Lower Grounds will open its doors to a fan-focused experience, which will include food and drinks as part of the package, for the first time against Brighton and Hove Albion on Saturday, September 30.

as someone else said, there's no way they would allow football fans to tuck into a free bar for 2.5 hours. even if they were willing, i'd imagine the police would find a way of stopping it.

i don't really have a dog in this fight as i very rarely went to the holte suite, but what i don't like is that one of the season ticket benefits is "access to exclusive lounges/suites on a matchday". please correct me if i'm wrong, but there are no other such facilities that are available to season ticket holders now? so this benefit is now null and void

2 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

while i agree, it does say it will include food and drinks.

doesn't specify alcoholic drinks...maybe i've just become cynical of this new regime but i bet that means unlimited soft drinks

if it's a free bar, then sign me up

14 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

doesn't specify alcoholic drinks...maybe i've just become cynical of this new regime but i bet that means unlimited soft drinks

Unlimited soft drinks might bring a vibrant short term atmosphere

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Chindie said:

You'd be a brave man to get your money's worth out of £60 of buffet given the facilities at VP at the best of times. The stands would be flooded with shit.

good point. that curry sauce goes right through me.

28 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

it also doesnt specify not. I would also find it very odd but the current wording says drinks are included and maybe it isnt actually the worst priced initiative weve seen from villa.

16 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

it also doesnt specify not. I would also find it very odd but the current wording says drinks are included and maybe it isnt actually the worst priced initiative weve seen from villa.

Given the speed of most of clubs bars for 3.5 hrs = 3 drinks. This is the Villa way. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

A mate called up and they confirmed over the phone that “house beers and wine are unlimited” so god knows what crap they have lined up as the freebie option. Premium beers will be charged. 

Makes sense. The wording is fairly ambiguous, but I inferred it did include alcohol.

I imagine they'll also put a fair usage type wording into the final agreement and of course they'll reserve the right to refuse service etc.

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Unless you are Mr Crescote this isn't value for money.

Taking away another current benefit and monetising it with laughably bad communication.

Was any of this mentioned at season ticket renewal time?  Did any of the literature mention access to the Holte Suite?

Why did they say the Holte Suite was temporarily closed at the start of the season, and now suddenly it is now opened at £60 a pop?

Will any of the free to use existing facilities in the stand be improved? I doubt it.

I know that I am an inconvenience to them as I just turn up and watch the football and go away again. Eventually, I suspect that I will not be able to afford to go and stop attending one day, probably in the not-too-distant future if this type of shit keeps happening. I know my place.

Feel utterly cold towards the club on this.

Absolutely spot on

• Thanks 1

Â