The Lower Grounds Matchday experience

Don_Simon

36 minutes ago, tinker said:

Most of the big 6 are at this, if we want to compete we have to up the revenue from our home games.

As others have pointed out having a season ticket and being able to attend every home game is a luxury many can't afford, be it time or money. The more successful a club becomes the more it moves  away from local fans seems to be the way its going. 

Screenshot_20230920_133546_Travelzoo.jpg

No. Wrong. Incorrect.

This wouldn't bring enough to pay for one player's wages.

Sponsorship and prize money is where we make it up.

They're playing a dicey game here pushing fans away.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

No. Wrong. Incorrect.

Yes, we, you have to be open minded and embrace the future of the club and watch it move forward. Obviously season ticket holders are affected by this but its to help grow the club and at the end of the day there's 30,000 on the waiting list for season tickets......

There's far more fans that don't visit villa Park on match than do and to give some of these fans a chance to visit and contribute to the clubs finances is good and pushes the profile of the club.

Sponsorship is a whole different subject and will be an area thats pushed more than any other, after being successful on the pitch. 

We have to maximise every area of financial gain, not just the big ones. It's the sign of a serious business thats professionally run.

1 minute ago, tinker said:

Yes, we, you have to be open minded and embrace the future of the club and watch it move forward. Obviously season ticket holders are affected by this but its to help grow the club and at the end of the day there's 30,000 on the waiting list for season tickets......

There's far more fans that don't visit villa Park on match than do and to give some of these fans a chance to visit and contribute to the clubs finances is good and pushes the profile of the club.

Sponsorship is a whole different subject and will be an area thats pushed more than any other, after being successful on the pitch. 

We have to maximise every area of financial gain, not just the big ones. It's the sign of a serious business thats professionally run.

Understand everything you've said there but I don't think it disagrees with my main point of...

UTV 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tinker said:

Of course, most serious businesses that are professionally run have a customer base who they need to compete  for on the open market based on their value proposition, that they might lose to their competitors with a single bad decision, rather than a community of people who pledge loyalty to their favourite sports enterprise.

It's almost like football clubs ought to be community assets rather than a vehicle for billionaires to pull our pants down.

Elite football is broken. Has been for a long time.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Of course, most serious businesses that are professionally run have a customer base who they need to compete  for on the open market based on their value proposition, that they might lose to their competitors with a single bad decision, rather than a community of people who pledge loyalty to their favourite sports enterprise.

It's almost like football clubs ought to be community assets rather than a vehicle for billionaires to pull our pants down.

It would need the whole premier league to downscale to achieve a community based club, the money generated would just about sustain a championship team. Those days are gone, they may come back but not in my lifetime. UTV 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tinker said:

It would need the whole premier league to downscale to achieve a community based club, the money generated would just about sustain a championship team. Those days are gone, they may come back but not in my lifetime. UTV 

Yup, don't disagree, the genie is out of the bottle and there's no going back until the whole wretched bubble collapses. Just venting my despair :) 

• Like 1

I posted previously that I attended the game at Anfield a few weeks ago as a guest of someone in their hospitality section. Just by way of comparison, that ticket gave access to the hospitality area/bar, a match day programme, one free drink at half time, a cushioned seat, and unlimited “street food” before the match. No other drinks included. The face value of that was £479.

So relative to that offer, what Villa are proposing is actually good value (both with this and Terrace View). However, I suspect that as long as we continue on the trajectory we are on, the prices are going to keep going up.

Also these are the prices when we have been starved of success and have only in the last 12 months got our act together. Imagine if we won a trophy this year or qualified for the champions league, these prices would jump up for sure.

It’s unavoidable unfortunately. As others have said, there are huge waiting lists of people that will be happy to take the place of existing season ticket holders. And even more so, I think the club will have run the numbers on this and they will know there will be enough demand to sustain this. Liverpool have been successful for a long time, and they are pricing their comparatively reduced offering at £479 because they know they can and they know that people will pay it. I think that Villa are doing the same at what is our current level. 

It’s a difficult one for the club - for a long time I think the fanbase has been saying that we should be run like a proper business - control costs and maximise revenue, and then invest in the team and facilities. That seems to be what they are doing, but obviously the investment in facilities isn’t for everyone (at the moment).

The price of success? Or the price of chasing success?

Edited by GeordieVillan
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, tomav84 said:

£120 a game is obviously ludicrous

but £60 for existing season ticket holders for all you can eat food for 4.5 hours with a 2 hour break in the middle? that sounds like a challenge to me...i reckon i could have a pretty decent crack at putting away £60 worth in that time so it's actually not a horrendous deal

Go for it

IMG_0298.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheMelvillan said:

Dunno what you mean - £1,780 for a ticket seems perfectly reasonable!

I thought that might be some kind of group booking and not be too bad per person. Nope, 1780 quid each. Jesus christ :D 

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I read that as Ellis football is broken and was thinking old Doug would love what's happening with these hospitality packages

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

“Access to player arrival” (Chelsea’s dugout package)

What does that mean exactly? You can stand in the corridor and watch as 20+ blokes walk past you wearing headphones as they head into the changing room?

Being Chelsea it could easily be a new signing

Â