The Lower Grounds Matchday experience

Don_Simon

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2023/september/20/Villa-launch-The-Lower-Grounds-matchday-experience/

Aston Villa is pleased to announce the launch of a new matchday offering for supporters.

The Lower Grounds will open its doors to a fan-focused experience, which will include food and drinks as part of the package, for the first time against Brighton and Hove Albion on Saturday, September 30.

Located in the former Holte Suite, the Lower Grounds will be open from three hours before kick-off and up to 90 minutes post-match, supporters will be able to take advantage of all-you-can-eat street food as well as a range of beers, wines and soft drinks* while mingling with former players and watching pre-match build-up, interviews and classic matches on large media screens in a convivial atmosphere.

The package will include seats in the Trinity Road Stand or the Doug Ellis Upper and a matchday programme.

Existing season ticket holders can purchase the package as a bolt-on while they may also be bought on a match-by-match basis. An opening offer for the Brighton game is as follows...

Single match package v Brighton - £120 (including VAT)
Season ticket holder bolt-on v Brighton - £60 (including VAT)

£120 per game - are these guys on **** crack?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

The package will include seats in the Trinity Road Stand or the Doug Ellis Upper and a matchday programme.

I sit in the centre of the Doug Ellis Upper. It makes you wonder how long it will take them to decide that my seat is a "hospitality seat" and I should be paying an extra £1200 a year for the privilege.

• Like 2

£120 for a non-season ticket holder is a non starter. I love a buffet as much as the next person but £120.. Christ. The quality of the food and drink would have to be top notch to get a non season ticket holder in there. 

Maybe this is their way of saying the Terrace View is value for money

45 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2023/september/20/Villa-launch-The-Lower-Grounds-matchday-experience/

Aston Villa is pleased to announce the launch of a new matchday offering for supporters.

The Lower Grounds will open its doors to a fan-focused experience, which will include food and drinks as part of the package, for the first time against Brighton and Hove Albion on Saturday, September 30.

Located in the former Holte Suite, the Lower Grounds will be open from three hours before kick-off and up to 90 minutes post-match, supporters will be able to take advantage of all-you-can-eat street food as well as a range of beers, wines and soft drinks* while mingling with former players and watching pre-match build-up, interviews and classic matches on large media screens in a convivial atmosphere.

Existing season ticket holders can purchase the package as a bolt-on while they may also be bought on a match-by-match basis. An opening offer for the Brighton game is as follows...

Single match package v Brighton - £120 (including VAT)
Season ticket holder bolt-on v Brighton - £60 (including VAT)

£120 per game - are these guys on **** crack?

That's not a bad price. Standard Trinity ticket for Brighton is £62.  So £58 extra for all you can eat street food and a place to mingle and chill before the match.  I'll definitely try this once if its on a match by match basis. 

However, if they could sort the service in the Upper Trinity, they could have £20 extra from me EVERY match as i'd love to buy food and drinks there all the time but i just give up as it's too slow.

Edited by ender4
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

£120 for a non-season ticket holder is a non starter. I love a buffet as much as the next person but £120.. Christ. The quality of the food and drink would have to be top notch to get a non season ticket holder in there. 

Well it includes a match ticket but yeah, I still very surprised at the price they're effectively charging for a buffet.  I assume drinks are not included?

3 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

It includes the price of a ticket in the Trinity which is a standard £62.

Just seen this lower grounds nonsense on LinkedIn, did they not tell the fan advisory board that it was going to open ASAP?! 

also the Brighton game is early kickoff so seems a strange game to try it out for, people won’t feast as much as they would for a 1500 kick off….I suppose the club are banking on that as it’s cheaper 

• Like 1

The other thing with the Lower Ground and Terrace View options, they should just let people choose that option on the website when booking tickets. 

I don't want to call up Premium/Corporate hotlines to book, i want that option as a button to press when choosing tickets. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

Oh I didn't realise it included the match ticket. I take my comment back then! £60 for food, I assume a couple of drinks included, and seeing a few famous faces is not THAT badly priced.

no drinks included

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, ender4 said:

The other thing with the Lower Ground and Terrace View options, they should just let people choose that option on the website when booking tickets. 

I don't want to call up Premium/Corporate hotlines to book, i want that option as a button to press when choosing tickets. 

You are able to choose Terrace View for the Brighton game online - just tried it

4 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

no drinks included

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

It says drinks included -  the * means *Alcoholic beverages available from two-and-a-half hours before kick-off and up to one hour post-match.

Â