Cup Final 4 of 37 Pre-Match

TheAuthority

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

Bailey is quite a decent player at VP. 

Tbf to him, he has contributed and made an impact in home games. But Diaby and Zaniolo are on another level in terms of game intelligence and skill.

Leon needs pushing… we have several players who should not be assured of a place in the side unless they’re are performing and training to a high level. Also, he played for Jamaica and may have had more travelling/jet lag to endure.

I think we need to get Nico settled and integrated asap, he’s going to be a big help to us.

22 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

What a myth that there were no Villa fans in the City Centre of Brum. It's not the same Town as it was back in the day but there were plenty of pubs that Villa fans frequented, Hole in the Wall, The Windsor, Mr Bill's and  The Ben Johnson. I was trying to remember the name of the one that was above the Old Square by the Coster monger, it was shaped like a square box. 

Such a shame how the Town has lost that once special atmosphere. Even though a lot of the Zulu firm were really good friends of mine, I was firmly in the Villa corner when it mattered. 

Bloody mobile phones, spoilt everything!

The Cabin was Villa as well

28 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

What a myth that there were no Villa fans in the City Centre of Brum. It's not the same Town as it was back in the day but there were plenty of pubs that Villa fans frequented, Hole in the Wall, The Windsor, Mr Bill's and  The Ben Johnson. I was trying to remember the name of the one that was above the Old Square by the Coster monger, it was shaped like a square box. 

Such a shame how the Town has lost that once special atmosphere. Even though a lot of the Zulu firm were really good friends of mine, I was firmly in the Villa corner when it mattered. 

Bloody mobile phones, spoilt everything!

Started getting a bit hairy for us in 1984. The season after we smashed the fledgling Zulus outside the hole in Wall when they came a Zuluing round the corner form McDonalds 

They started landing us after games quite a lot. That said we used to go for a quite pint in the Crown from time to time 😉

Edited by Follyfoot

33 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Started getting a bit hairy for us in 1984. The season after we smashed the fledgling Zulus outside the hole in Wall when they came a Zuluing round the corner form McDonalds 

They started landing us after games quite a lot. That said we used to go for a quite pint in the Crown from time to time 😉

Just a bit after my regular Townie days. It was The Apex before The Zulu's, this was 80 to 82. The C Crew would always be in the Windsor before the game. I remember the Cockney Reds coming in there before one game with Utd. They were downstairs, we were up, it soon went off after a few pints, also, after that game, the same two firms had a battle Royale, all the way from VP to The Crown and Cushion. 

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, jim said:

I’m hearing 11 players will start!

Sounds like typical internet bollocks to me. Probably a 10 year old posting from their bedroom 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1