January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

Sell Dendoncker get better DCM. 

Buy decent RB so Ezri can play CB again. 

Everything else can wait till summer. 

Edited by KAZZAM
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Was it two days ago or three days ago that Emery shot down the new striker talk? 

Print whatever they want these mugs 

percy isn't normally one to tell tales. if he says there's been a rift with emery and duran, you can generally say there's probably some truth in it

and the striker mentioned is 17. emery shot down talk of there being someone we could sign that's better than watkins

27 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

percy isn't normally one to tell tales. if he says there's been a rift with emery and duran, you can generally say there's probably some truth in it

and the striker mentioned is 17. emery shot down talk of there being someone we could sign that's better than watkins

That would be interesting then as we already have Wilson who is brilliant at that level, that said if a top 17 year old is available you have to take them while you can 

• Like 1

Surprised we're after a young keeper, that's the last thing we need.

We're absolutely stacked with young keepers: the two Ponglish lads Marschall and Zych, plus the even younger Proctor who's been making the bench lately.

What we need is reliable 30 year old keeper, but in Unai we trust.

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That would be interesting then as we already have Wilson who is brilliant at that level, that said if a top 17 year old is available you have to take them while you can 

kenneth_williams_sds.jpg

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, RichW said:

I saw the post about Forest above and thought I must have interpreted it wrong if they have 4. Wonder why the Premier League call them “temporary transfers” and not loans then? 

To satisfy the big 6 who want to hoover up all the talent but "temporarily transfer" many of them to smaller Premier League teams for experience and value building. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GeordieVillan said:

Big window for us for 2 reasons.

1) a couple of shrewd additions might just help to secure Top 4/5 at least.

2) where we are in the table, we are probably quite attractive to a higher level of player, certainly more attractive than we were 6 or 12 months ago. 

I think we should “twist” and go for 2-3 players, if we can get them, at least as good as what we have in the first team.
not necessarily for  money, but hopefully in the mould of Moreno. So not just back ups, players that can genuinely compete.

Worst case, even if we do collapse second half of the season, we will be in a good place to have another go next year. 

Villa should be bolstering the squad with quality this month to make sure they don’t collapse in the second half of the season.

The first team are already showing signs of burn out while the second string squad players aren’t good enough.

I would sincerely hope that the current position in the Premiership is taken advantage of with at least 3 quality players signed.

If this doesn’t happen then failure to strengthen could cost Villa a Cl placement.

• Like 4

Think it’s more likely to see two incomings around the 15-20m range. Would be surprised to see any more or at any higher of a transfer fee. 

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

"There is growing interest in Jhon Duran, the forward, amid alleged friction behind the scenes with Emery"

The above could also be read as; Other teams have heard the rumours of friction (which has been plentiful) and therefore have enquired about his availability, rather than Percy validating the claims of a rift maybe.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

"There is growing interest in Jhon Duran, the forward, amid alleged friction behind the scenes with Emery"

The above could also be read as; Other teams have heard the rumours of friction (which has been plentiful) and therefore have enquired about his availability, rather than Percy validating the claims of a rift maybe.

i dont see where Percy even said this.

That twitter account regularly @'s other accounts with his posts, but if you follow it, the person doesnt say it, its like he is trying to advise the person he @'s that someone else is saying it, i dunno.

Anyway, if anyone can link where Percy actually said that let me know.

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i dont see where Percy even said this.

That twitter account regularly @'s other accounts with his posts, but if you follow it, the person doesnt say it, its like he is trying to advise the person he @'s that someone else is saying it, i dunno.

Anyway, if anyone can link where Percy actually said that let me know.

https://archive.is/RPlwN

There you go mate, from the below telegraph article:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/01/01/january-transfer-window-arsenal-man-utd-chelsea-liverpool/

Edited by MSvillain
  • Thanks 1

I’d like to see us recruit a midfielder who can act as a back up/alternative option in the double pivot. I think we need someone with experience, maybe even 30+ but with Champions league quality…a bit like a Thiago/Jorginho. Happy to play 20-30 games a season all comps. Think it’s essential if we make CL next year.

Beyond that, an attacking/high quality option at right back with Matty Cash to become a valuable squad player. Finally, a versatile attacking option who can play up front if needed 

Guessing none of this might be achievable in January 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tomav84 said:

Do we have a name for the striker, hope it’s that kid at Dortmund, Paris Brumner. 

1 hour ago, rodders129 said:

I’d like to see us recruit a midfielder who can act as a back up/alternative option in the double pivot. I think we need someone with experience, maybe even 30+ but with Champions league quality…a bit like a Thiago/Jorginho. Happy to play 20-30 games a season all comps. Think it’s essential if we make CL next year.

Beyond that, an attacking/high quality option at right back with Matty Cash to become a valuable squad player. Finally, a versatile attacking option who can play up front if needed 

Guessing none of this might be achievable in January 

Are all the midfielders who want to Saudi actually playing?

Would pass on Henderson given what a complete hypocrite he's been to the LGBTQ+ community but likes of Kante or even Neves would be amazing pick ups for us on loan.

No idea how feasible that is with FFP but you read stuff about Firmino already wanting to come back to europe so I'm assuming reality is hitting a few of the players now on what they left behind in europe.

Think we'll be o.k in midfield in any case with Kamara and hopefully Tielemans available for next prem game. It's RB 100% and possibly final third where we simply can't afford to take risks so I'm expecting two signings in those areas.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1