January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

7 minutes ago, burchy said:

Wonder how much Diogo Jota would cost us as he’d be decent out on the left.

Suspect we’d need to smash our transfer record by some distance and pay him more than any other player in our history (insert Digne jokes here) - and not sure he’s the player we would do that for - even if he wanted to leave Liverpool or they wanted to sell a regular starter…

As I write all this it makes me think I may be embarrassing myself and there is another Diogo Jota somewhere pulling up trees in Portugal which is who you mean! Apologies if so.

10 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Suspect we’d need to smash our transfer record by some distance and pay him more than any other player in our history (insert Digne jokes here) - and not sure he’s the player we would do that for - even if he wanted to leave Liverpool or they wanted to sell a regular starter…

As I write all this it makes me think I may be embarrassing myself and there is another Diogo Jota somewhere pulling up trees in Portugal which is who you mean! Apologies if so.

Not sure we should be entering the market for Portuguese gardeners.

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Adman said:

Iheaneacho from Leicester is an interest one. Under £10 mill and would be good backup for Ollie form the money imo

Question is, why would Leicester be willing to sell him in January when they're top of the championship table currently? I know he's not starting but he's their first backup.

Second question, if he's not good enough to start for them in the Championship, would he be a good enough backup option for a team in the PL top four?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

He would be. Would also allow us to loan Duran out for a season which I genuinely think he needs. 

I wasn't of this thought process at first, but starting to warm to the idea of him going on loan.

He needs minutes to develop.

Obviously only on the condition we have backup though.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Question is, why would Leicester be willing to sell him in January when they're top of the championship table currently? I know he's not starting but he's their first backup.

Second question, if he's not good enough to start for them in the Championship, would he be a good enough backup option for a team in the PL top four?

He's cheap because I believe his contract runs out in the summer.  I haven't seen him play recently, but always thought he was a useful bench option for Leicester when they were in the prem.

If the budget is tight then it had potential to work imo

• Like 1

Would Tosin Adarabioyo from Fulham be someone to look at? He's out of contract in the summer and maybe that's when he's a more interesting target. Still if Lenglet is called back and Tosin is available for the right price in Jan...

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Would Tosin Adarabioyo from Fulham be someone to look at? He's out of contract in the summer and maybe that's when he's a more interesting target. Still if Lenglet is called back and Tosin is available for the right price in Jan...

Tosin or not Tosin, that is the question.

5 hours ago, Adman said:

Iheaneacho from Leicester is an interest one. Under £10 mill and would be good backup for Ollie form the money imo

He isnt setting the Championship alight and got 5 goals all last season and 4 the season before

1 hour ago, sne said:

The Holte End poets will be "throwing in the towel" at this rate.

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, est1874 said:

Don’t you know how transfer rumours work? They new guy is always better, usually the more obscure the better they are. Not sure if a championship striker with 5 goals this season and only 9 goals in his last 2 PL seasons is obscure enough though, maybe someone from the Belgian league would whet the appetite even more, the next Samatta would be ideal. That or Danny Welbeck, as one poster was arguing the other day, his 4 goals a season would go down a treat, , obviously great competition for Watkins

• Haha 1