January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Can't wait for Chris Heck to announce our new soccer players!

He will make the announcement right after the All-Star game, brought to you by Progressive Insurance. Hopefully we can get a high draft pick.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Can I just clarify whether on JJ your ‘at the moment’ means ‘in about 2 games since he had 6 months out’? Because I’m otherwise in absolute shock someone would see him as a weak point. He’s a brilliant player who has consistently delivered for us and is still only 22.

Excellent player for us but hes not at the level we need him to be right now….may take 5 or 6 games more for him to get fully up to speed and play at that intensity he was last season, i feel like its good competition also 

7 hours ago, burchy said:

Rodriquez at Real Betis or Vermeeren at Royal Antwerp for me for Kamara comp/cover.

Guido Rodriquez is in the last year of his contract so wouldn’t be a huge fee and Vermeeren has a £13m-£17m release clause. 

Dont know how you pop out of nowhere with these players… are you an undercover scout 😂 

7 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Thanks for the update, obviously my,“extensive research”, wasn’t extensive enough! If the Champions of the PL come knocking I’m sure he’d listen! UTV! Bring on the Champions !!!!!

So hes going man city then 😂😂

41 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Dont know how you pop out of nowhere with these players… are you an undercover scout 😂 

I wish! Just like researching players that could make Villa better, bit of a nerdy hobby of mine whilst avoiding work 😁

47 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Excellent player for us but hes not at the level we need him to be right now….may take 5 or 6 games more for him to get fully up to speed and play at that intensity he was last season, i feel like its good competition also 

Well, we've got 3 more of those before the window opens!

And with suspensions and injuries he's going to get plenty of playimg time. Really is an extraordinary take to want to replace him. 

2 hours ago, RicRic said:

The belgian lad is a proper wonder kid, I don't know who the other one is.
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/arthur-vermeeren/profil/spieler/926694
https://fbref.com/en/players/722494dc/Arthur-Vermeeren

Edited by paul514

1 hour ago, burchy said:

I wish! Just like researching players that could make Villa better, bit of a nerdy hobby of mine whilst avoiding work 😁

Don't like the older player, just a ball winner. I'd want more of a match for Kamara otherwise you may as well just keep Dendonker

I'd been thinking about how on earth we get support for Ollie. As others have mentioned you need to sit on the bench, play in a similar style and hopefully come with some sort of pedigree. 

As options I wonder if we will look down the experienced striker option. I'd like to see us test Brightons resolve for Wellbeck or maybe see if Vardy wants to add another premier league winners trophy. 

• Like 1