Clément Lenglet

Tom13

7 minutes ago, macandally said:

He didn’t cover himself in glory today, but to be fair, any Defense worth its salt should deal with a direct long ball being flicked on.  The fact we didn’t says more about defensive shape than anyone in it 

That goal happened after he was subbed off.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

To be fair I don’t remember us having a better fifth-choice centre back.

Actually a good point. I don’t rate Lenglet, but maybe that’s more a case our expectations. I mean, when your 5th choice centre half is on loan from Barca and wanted by AC Milan, you know you’ve probably got a bit of depth. 

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Actually a good point. I don’t rate Lenglet, but maybe that’s more a case our expectations. I mean, when your 5th choice centre half is on loan from Barca and wanted by AC Milan, you know you’ve probably got a bit of depth. 

You could argue he's 4th choice as we knew Mings would be out for the season when we signed him and he wouldn't be here if Mings was fit.   I do however agree that he's a good standard back up 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

To be fair I don’t remember us having a better fifth-choice centre back.

there's probably not a better 5th choice CB in the league. ok, the only reason we have him in the first place is due to ty's injury, but even so there can't be many better 4th choices if we take it based on the number of fit CBs

We did really well to sign a player of his experience as a 4th/5th choice to cover for mings injury. Has been pretty good in all of the european games he played for us and has been ok in these few league games. Carlos is starting to worry me more as he should be a key player for us.

Edited by TheMightyVillans

• 2 weeks later...
Â