It's the post-apocalypse. What can you make for us?

Marka Ragnos

I thought VT would be a hive of useful skills! I love wild camping so I can do all sorts of simple skills. Probably the most useful is making a fire with several different techniques from bow drill to magnifying the sun using just a clear plastic bag and water. I can make all sorts of rudimentary shelters and I'm pretty handy with a bow and arrow for hunting (although I've never shot at anything living I have taken loads of hours of classes). I've never done the butchery job on anything other than fish but I'd give it a stab. Oh yeah, I can fish too, but I am a bit crap at it. I seem to just slowly feed fish bait from the end of a hook, but I'll get the odd one in and I know in theory where to look.

I also already have most of the gear I need to survive in the wild, although I could really do with a decent axe.

So yeah I think I'd be useful, but I do have a bad back so I'm not carrying the rest of you lot.

41 minutes ago, Straggler said:

I thought VT would be a hive of useful skills! I love wild camping so I can do all sorts of simple skills. Probably the most useful is making a fire with several different techniques from bow drill to magnifying the sun using just a clear plastic bag and water. I can make all sorts of rudimentary shelters and I'm pretty handy with a bow and arrow for hunting (although I've never shot at anything living I have taken loads of hours of classes). I've never done the butchery job on anything other than fish but I'd give it a stab. Oh yeah, I can fish too, but I am a bit crap at it. I seem to just slowly feed fish bait from the end of a hook, but I'll get the odd one in and I know in theory where to look.

I also already have most of the gear I need to survive in the wild, although I could really do with a decent axe.

So yeah I think I'd be useful, but I do have a bad back so I'm not carrying the rest of you lot.

You're out. 

We're all sick of experts, even in survival skills in a post apocalyptic world 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Straggler said:

Right lads. We kill @Straggler first. Sounds like he has all the kit we need to survive. 

• Haha 2

What's wrong with a lighter to start fires and a house to live in, are they all going to disappear? 

Anyway I'm still trying to sort out the branding for the website I'm going to need designing once the shit hits the fan. 

Â