It's the post-apocalypse. What can you make for us?

Marka Ragnos

On 22/08/2023 at 09:45, Designer1 said:

l just learned how to perform an emergency tracheotomy with a steak knife.

I watched a YouTube video on this 10 years ago so I reckon I'd be able to do that easily

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This thread makes me realise how useless I am.

I often think this about going back in time. I'd be shit. I'd make no difference.

I'd be like "Yeah in the future we have self driving cars and mobile phones and the internet"

And when they said "Amazing, how do we make all those?" I'd just be like "erm... I have no idea"

I'd basically be a slightly better nostradamus

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

This thread makes me realise how useless I am.

I often think this about going back in time. I'd be shit. I'd make no difference.

I'd be like "Yeah in the future we have self driving cars and mobile phones and the internet"

And when they said "Amazing, how do we make all those?" I'd just be like "erm... I have no idea"

I'd basically be a slightly better nostradamus

I’ve actually had a similar thought too.

You go back in time and tell them about the new amazing technology, they get excited and ask how to make it happen and then no idea.

I’d probably just keep it to myself (and make my money betting on the sporting outcomes I could remember).

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’ve actually had a similar thought too.

You go back in time and tell them about the new amazing technology, they get excited and ask how to make it happen and then no idea.

I’d probably just keep it to myself (and make my money betting on the sporting outcomes I could remember).

I've thought about this too. Wrong thread but anyway

I reckon the butterfly effect would **** you over anyway. A big win in your first bet would change history forever.

Unless you going back in time has already happened so the future is set and can't be changed.

Then you'd clean up. But you've already cleaned up if it's already happened. So why aren't we rich?

• Like 1

You would just have to gather the greatest minds and inventors they have and show them a boiling pan lifting up the lid.  Tell them that's steam power and let them get on with it.

And something about wrapping copper wire around a magnet.  They're sure to figure it out.

Maybe it's much simpler things that would make a massive difference. 

Boil drinking water.  Wash wounds with alcohol..  Don't drink from lead cups.  Brush teeth.  Mercury shouldn't be used as a cure for anything.  Miners should wear masks.  Tobacco kills.  Chicken should be well cooked.   Sterilise surgical tools.  

On 21/08/2023 at 21:34, GarethRDR said:

Well... yes, that's why they call it the apocalypse.

Technically apocalypse doesn't mean the end of the world, its meaning is closer to 'to reveal'. No destruction involved, merely enlightenment and comprehension of what life and meaning really is.

I would bring useless etymological tidbits. Oh and lifestraws. I have about twenty lifestraws. That would be useful. 

Â