Your best ever song

PussEKatt

6 hours ago, sidcow said:

My mate was is friends with Steve Mackey's former wife. I didn't know this until he just dropped into a conversation that he'd once been on a pub crawl round london with Jarvis Cocker which included a pub quiz.  Jarvis is a good quizzer. 

He seems to think Jarvis is a nice guy too. 

That’s great. Love hearing this. 

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

I don’t know what my best song is, I’ve never recorded one 🤪

Thought about it. Hoped somebody else would do the honours. Thank you Rob. 

This is probably my best song: 

Grey Army

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 2

For me that's so difficult to choose just one, I've kept changing my mind... started off when I was 15 as With or Without You, then Stairway to Heaven, then maybe the acoustic version of Creep by Radiohead or Linger by The Cranberries (or maybe Zombie or No Need to Argue) or Small Black Flowers by the Manics or a Fleetwood Mac song, perhaps Dreams or The Chain... Very difficult to choose one song! :s 

I've ended up going for Pictures of You, which is an exquisite song by The Cure, my favourite band. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, robby b said:

For me that's so difficult to choose just one, I've kept changing my mind... started off when I was 15 as With or Without You, then Stairway to Heaven, then maybe the acoustic version of Creep by Radiohead or Linger by The Cranberries (or maybe Zombie or No Need to Argue) or Small Black Flowers by the Manics or a Fleetwood Mac song, perhaps Dreams or The Chain... Very difficult to choose one song! :s 

I've ended up going for Pictures of You, which is an exquisite song by The Cure, my favourite band. 

If I could a bazillion times like this I would.

• Thanks 1

Ah, well, see if it's a what's my best song discussion, then it's this.  Though it is a mash-up, so obviously, not actually *my* song(s), but if there ever was a deity, then they were absolutely working through me when the inspiration struck for this.  Who knew Busta Rhymes and twinkly math rock would work so well together?  Truly, the zenith of my artistic endeavour.

Of similar note, I once wrote a 90's trance cover of the theme tune from Pingu, sampling the drum parts from Safri Duo's Played-A-Live (The Bongo Song), which I submitted as part of my portfolio to get onto the music production course I wanted to do at uni.  I'm still amazed to this day that they let me on the premises.

I did once pen a progressive tech number that I could legitimately listen to without hating both it and myself, but sadly that has been long lost to time.  I can't even remember what I called it, the laptop it was written on has long since departed and I've no idea where the CD-R I burnt it on might be.  Halcyon days, etc.

I used to have a favourite song, a favourite movie, whatever. 

I just simply don’t now. That’s a little bit down to naturally moving away from High Fidelity style top fives, definitive lists.

But mainly it’s because I realised it’s pretty difficult and fairly futile to weigh up and decide whether I like “The Boxer” more or less than “Fake Plastic Trees”.

If I’m ever asked what my favourite song is (I never am) I normally rattle off a few bands and say that’s the stuff I like.

• Like 2

Â