Your best ever song

PussEKatt

5 minutes ago, colhint said:

How big is this desert island you're going to

Big enough to build my shelter out of vinyl and CDs or... three 8x2 Kallax units, 3 boxes of 7" singles and approx 600-700 CDs

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, luckyeddie said:

Holy sh*t that's appalling, he's murdered a classic, on a level of Madonna with American Pie.

It's with Ben Folds if I recall, I really think it has charm and I was a Pulp fan of old pre His n Hers, and could get on board with it, mainly for the Ben Folds element though. 

4 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

It's with Ben Folds if I recall, I really think it has charm and I was a Pulp fan of old pre His n Hers, and could get on board with it, mainly for the Ben Folds element though. 

I bow to your greater music knowledge, but my ears are still bleeding 😁

• Haha 1

On 21/08/2023 at 12:21, Mark Albrighton said:

I used to have a favourite song, a favourite movie, whatever. 

I just simply don’t now. That’s a little bit down to naturally moving away from High Fidelity style top fives, definitive lists.

But mainly it’s because I realised it’s pretty difficult and fairly futile to weigh up and decide whether I like “The Boxer” more or less than “Fake Plastic Trees”.

If I’m ever asked what my favourite song is (I never am) I normally rattle off a few bands and say that’s the stuff I like.

Two beautiful, classic songs. 👍 I love The Boxer and I love Fake Plastic Trees even more. In fact I just remembered that's the Radiohead song that's really my favourite, I've played it so many times, more than any other. 

And I read that High Fidelity novel and enjoyed it and identified with it, with its various top five lists. :s

Edited by robby b
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, robby b said:

Two beautiful, classic songs. 👍 I love The Boxer and I love Fake Plastic Trees even more. In fact I just remembered that's the Radiohead song that's really my favourite, I've played it so many times, more than any other. 

And I read that High Fidelity novel and enjoyed it and identified with it, with its various top five lists. :s

Oh it’s a really good book, and the various lists was something that resonated with me when I read it. 

It’s just not something I do anymore, I don’t tend to think of things in a definitive league table sense. I suppose I could make a top ten of Pink Floyd songs, but I’d get to ten and think “Ah maybe what I would be putting in at number eleven should be here instead.”

And I know the list would be different on another day, so I don’t know how much value I’d put on any list I created.

On the other hand I suppose it might be of personal interest to me if I had done my ten favourite songs aged 18, then at 28, then 38 and so on and see how it changes.

• Like 1

OK. I know I said I wasn't going to play, seeing as it's impossible. But I've concluded that, if I HAVE to choose, with the proverbial gun to my head, it would have to be this: 

• Like 1

Â