Match Thread: Villa v Everton

limpid

Just now, Spoony said:

He really can’t seem to do right in Villa fans eyes…

I think he's decent, but as a backup option for Moreno (who is better) he is miles too expensive IMO.

You can't be having your highest earner (normally) sitting on the bench every week, and we've got two of them. 

• Like 1

Just now, MrBlack said:

It does, but also gives them an extra one too. Guess the bench quality favours us.

I suspect it avoids them a lot of paperwork around why they didn't sub him off first time they checked him. 

Just in case we want to hold onto our 2-0 lead by having 3 goalkeepers on the pitch 🤣

• Haha 1

Just now, viivvaa66 said:

Even if we look good, we have to remember that Everton is a relegation candidate.

I'd rather just enjoy the game and our performance than to underline every game with a caveat.

You can only beat what is in front of you.

People tried the same with Valencia pre season.

Yet casually forgot we battered Lazio who finished second in Serie A

• Like 3

Just now, est1874 said:

I think he's decent, but as a backup option for Moreno (who is better) he is miles too expensive IMO.

You can't be having your highest earner (normally) sitting on the bench every week, and we've got two of them. 

He’s not the highest earner. He’s probably on similar amounts to other first teamers but probably not as high as say Bouba 

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'd rather just enjoy the game and our performance than to underline every game with a caveat.

You can only beat what is in front of you.

People tried the same with Valencia pre season.

Yet casually forgot we battered Lazio who finished second in Serie A

Absolutely. We had to set the tone today and have done that. Lots of great attacking play. 

The only player I'd say is struggling is Watkins against very physical centre backs. 

Everyone else good at far but against poor opposition. McGinn and Digne particularly impressive. Pau looks classy but obviously under very little pressure so far.