Ratings & Reactions: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/08/23 at 22:59

A terrible day compounded by a bad injury to Mings.

Newcastle are everything to hate about football. Horrible fans with horrible owners but doing well because of greed and human rights abuses. I wish them  or hint but bad luck  

Ok to the next one  

46 minutes ago, VillaJay said:

but we're better than that scoreline.

Not on today’s performance. Villa have had a full pre-season under Emery so that wasn’t supposed to happen under golden boy.

41 minutes ago, Frodo said:

Time to watch Gaurdians of Galaxy volume 3 see you all next weekend if this site was a barn or house it would be on fire 🔥 right now 🤦‍♂️ everybody needs to carm down.

Oh man, that's going to really make you cry...

I don’t even read into Newcastle being better than us and being some Champions League level wonder team, we were so ordinary today, across the pitch, that they didn’t have to be anything other than organised.  You cannot carry that many players off the pace and expect to get anything from the game 

Between poor officiating and individual mistakes we gifted them 3 goals, then got exposed by pace in behind with 2 centre halves that have spent next to zero time with each other.  

Last time I will say it, just about everything that could go wrong today did, we looked off the pace, clunky and lacking in bravery on the ball, yet still created 3/4 good chances.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Absolutely he set them up and he underprepared them. Simple.

Hopefully we learn....and improve.

I doubt he " underprepared them ".

Translating that onto the pitch, and against mitigating circumstances is a whole different thing though.

We got blown away, and I feel Newcastle do deserve some credit too.

As you say, it's how we go forward now.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Kudos has to be given to howe, got his tactics spot on today to expose our high line; this will happen against good sides now we have become a worry.

I think Mings did affect us, we just rely on him so much and him going off like that just puts a dark cloud over everything. We will need to learn to play without him.

This combined with a few close decisions going against us and a few misses in front of goal is all it takes to drop 5%...then a quality team will take advantage. 

Crap day all around but ots nothing to be too concerned with as we will win more than we lose once we settle.

Really didnt have to do with that. More individual errors by some useless players

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I doubt he " underprepared them ".

Translating that onto the pitch, and against mitigating circumstances is a whole different thing though.

We got blown away, and I feel Newcastle do deserve some credit too.

As you say, it's how we go forward now.

I thought Emery was boss to Howe...

Now i'm not so sure, got schooled today. Be objective.

We looked unprepared, definitely.

Got to learn some simple corrections as that was schoolboy.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang

1 minute ago, Herman22 said:

A terrible day compounded by a bad injury to Mings.

Newcastle are everything to hate about football. Horrible fans with horrible owners but doing well because of greed and human rights abuses. 

That’s so not true. Newcastle have a very good coach who has bought well and knew how to blow Villa’s high line apart.

• Like 1

Going way over the top because of last season is delusional.

It's like we can't comprehend that other teams may have improved too.

What we did last season is completely irrelevant to how we'll perform this season.

Different teams, different players, injuries. A lot of factors that plays a part

It was a minger of a first fixture to get and an absolute munter of a performance.  Most of the game hinged on a few key moments but the last half hour was some of the worst we have put up since returning to the Prem and Newcastle weren't flattered by the result.  Work to be done on and off the pitch but I trust Unai to get it right for the next match.

3 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Quite a powerful statement in isolation that one and I'm inclined to agree.

Unprepared is our new motto it seems.

Whose fault is it, some say we aren't allowed to question Unai.

This seems like a bit of an overstatement to say the least. We now personify lack of preparedness because of one bad loss to a team that finished 3rd last season and because we haven't completed all of our transfer dealings by early August?

• Like 1

Just now, striker said:

That’s so not true. Newcastle have a very good coach who has bought well and knew how to blow Villa’s high line apart.

Perhaps nip on their board to blow smoke up their arse.

They didn’t need to be good, we were ordinary and repeatedly committed hari kari.  

2 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I thought Emery was boss to Howe...

Now i'm not so sure, got schooled today. Be objective.

We looked unprepared, definitely.

Got to learn some simple corrections as that was schoolboy.

Why are people disrespecting Howe though?

They have drastically improved every year under him and are not looking like slowing down anytime soon.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

He is a great manager, and we are lucky to have him, but, let's face it, tonight's result is a blot on his copybook.

The road ahead may be a little more rocky and longer than we anticipated.

I didn't want to put this into the Universe, but that showing and the set of new circumstances we've been presented with, almost make me feel like we could be in for another season of " transition " ffs.

Let's see how the window and our next couple go though.

We are all probably still in shock and wound up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

Buendia injury looked like it was on our players minds from the first minute.

Mings injury looks like it ruined them for the rest of the game

Without the shit offside rules, Mings isn't injured and we get in to our stride.

Without corrupt officials we don't go 2-1 down.

Sadly, that's the state of the league and the luck we have.  Emery will help us overcome it far more often than not, but some days it isn't your day.

This week as a villa fan can get f@#ked.

Pretty much every word of this post is absolute rubbish.

• Haha 1