Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Is it possible that Zaniolo has some form of compulsory purchase clause based on appearances? Im struggling to understand why he isnt used more frequently. especially compared to his run of games at the start of the season and our subsequent injury crisis.

I'm pretty sure he does from what I remember when he signed.  

15 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Is it possible that Zaniolo has some form of compulsory purchase clause based on appearances? Im struggling to understand why he isnt used more frequently. especially compared to his run of games at the start of the season and our subsequent injury crisis.

If that was the case I'm not sure the three minute appearances would be happening.

1 hour ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Yes. It is why he's being fazed out.

3 hours ago, Tom13 said:

If that was the case I'm not sure the three minute appearances would be happening.

Appearances only count if you play over a half of football. See how Atletico used Griezmann when they had a compulsory purchase agreement with Barca for him. Kept bringing him on at the start of 2nd half to avoid triggering clause. 

3 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

that is exactly right, its apparently a mandatory purchase after X appearances.

Whether thats X starts, or X appearances of any type, unsure.

10 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Appearances only count if you play over a half of football. See how Atletico used Griezmann when they had a compulsory purchase agreement with Barca for him. Kept bringing him on at the start of 2nd half to avoid triggering clause. 

How do you know that was in the agreement for Zaniolo?

32 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

How do you know that was in the agreement for Zaniolo?

I don't, I just know nobody does it by appearances anymore. It'll be total mins or an appearance has to be 45m+ of a match or by the number of starts a player makes

Will also be down as how many in PL it has to be. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Yes. It is why he's being fazed out.

Apparently he's not getting more minutes because he is lacking in fitness, which makes you wonder why he is on the bench in the first place. But then again we had Torres and Ramsey on the bench when nowhere near fully fit.

19 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Apparently he's not getting more minutes because he is lacking in fitness, which makes you wonder why he is on the bench in the first place. But then again we had Torres and Ramsey on the bench when nowhere near fully fit.

Torres doesn't really need that much fitness, he just strolls about like Andy DuFresne. He looks like he owns the joint (and he does). 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Tom13 said:

You can probably structure it however you want. 

I seem to rember there being a thing a few years ago when Griezman went back to Atletico where he was always taken off (or maybe it was brought on) on after 60 minutes. Any more and they would count as appearances for the way Barca structured the sale and result in quite a lot of clauses having to be paid. 

Just now, Sam-AVFC said:

You can probably structure it however you want. 

I seem to rember there being a thing a few years ago when Griezman went back to Atletico where he was always taken off (or maybe it was brought on) on after 60 minutes. Any more and they would count as appearances for the way Barca structured the sale and result in quite a lot of clauses having to be paid. 

Yeah @CVByrne mentioned this. My argument after was our agreement may be structured differently. But I'd never given it a thought that he'd have to play so many minutes for it to count as an app 👍

I would expect him to feature more in our ECL campaign, I’m sure we’ll find out whether his appearance clause is just premier league related or not then. I don’t think he’s an awful player, there’s potential there but I don’t think we have the luxury of playing him into form. Bear in mind it can take a season for a player to settle and perform at their best, and there’s no guarantees. 

https://www.astonvillanews.co.uk/2024/02/18/aston-villa-v-nottingham-forest-injury-news-doctor-shares-nicolo-zaniolo-update/

It is speculation at the end of the day but more likely than we aren't allowed to bring him on for more than 5 minutes because it will count as an appearance type piffle

Doctor: Aston Villa player unlikely to start v Nottingham Forest amid fitness issues

Dr Rajpal Brar
Sun 18 February 2024 18:40, UK

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

https://www.astonvillanews.co.uk/2024/02/18/aston-villa-v-nottingham-forest-injury-news-doctor-shares-nicolo-zaniolo-update/

It is speculation at the end of the day but more likely than we aren't allowed to bring him on for more than 5 minutes because it will count as an appearance type piffle

Doctor: Aston Villa player unlikely to start v Nottingham Forest amid fitness issues

Dr Rajpal Brar
Sun 18 February 2024 18:40, UK

I'm sure I heard a couple of weeks ago that he had picked up an injury and would therefore be missing for a few weeks. I discounted that when he made the bench a week or so later, but as has been said making the bench doesn't always add up to being match fit at the moment. I had also wondered if his number of games played might trigger a clause, but I would guess he already would have done, if there was one.

• Like 1

On 19/02/2024 at 20:45, Risso said:

Clearly the main reason he isn't playing more regularly, is that he's absolutely shite.

Of course he is not, he is really talented, you don't play for Italy if you aren't. His technique is topp class, his reading of the game and his passing likewise and he has a piledriver of a shot. He hasn't adjusted to the physicality and the tempo of the PL yet, he falls over too much for being such a big guy, he loses the ball to much and doesn't impose himself enough. He has all the attributes and the talent to make it, if he has the right attitude and is rightly handled. Then there is of course always the risk that he will end up like Morgan Sanson and a large number of other players who simply never manages to adapt to the PL.

I'd be happy to give him more time and see how it works out, but my prejudice about Italian players (with many exceptions of course) is that they quite often misses the life and culture in Italy, never really settles which brings a constant risk of them heading off back home at any time, which isn't very good if we want to build for the long run. So I wouldn't have much hope of him being a Villa legend. If he can contribute and score a couple on his year on loan here then great.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Of course he is not, he is really talented, you don't play for Italy if you aren't. His technique is topp class, his reading of the game and his passing likewise and he has a piledriver of a shot. He hasn't adjusted to the physicality and the tempo of the PL yet, he falls over too much for being such a big guy, he loses the ball to much and doesn't impose himself enough. He has all the attributes and the talent to make it, if he has the right attitude and is rightly handled. Then there is of course always the risk that he will end up like Morgan Sanson and a large number of other players who simply never manages to adapt to the PL.

I'd be happy to give him more time and see how it works out, but my prejudice about Italian players (with many exceptions of course) is that they quite often misses the life and culture in Italy, never really settles which brings a constant risk of them heading off back home at any time, which isn't very good if we want to build for the long run. So I wouldn't have much hope of him being a Villa legend. If he can contribute and score a couple on his year on loan here then great.

Come on, where would you prefer to live? A chic city with a Mediterranean climate, or Birmingham. Give me Mr Egg and a fist fight in the Arcadian every day of the week.

• Haha 1

You would think he would have opportunities in the Europa to impress and make a meaningful contribution but he has Diaby and Rogers ahead of him in the queue for minutes so is fast running out of time to earn a transfer. 

Â