Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

If he was at Liverpool, Man City, Spurs, Arsenal etc he’d be binned off. These are the clubs we’re in competition with now. It’s a ruthless game, no room for sentiment. He had a serious injury in Italy, don’t think he’s ever reached the heights he was at prior to that. He was worth a punt, sometimes they come off, sometimes they don’t.

• Like 1

Been poor all season, looks nowhere near the level needed atm. Constantly gives the ball and fouls away. Seen nothing in him to even have a glimmer of hope. If we can get a few in during the January transfer window I would bin him off, we aren’t a charity. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think I will go crazy if I hear for the 1000th time he will be fine when he scores a goal

HE DOESN'T SCORE GOALS

I’m not sure how much of this is people thinking he’ll play better once he gets off the mark, act as a confidence booster, and how much is it people thinking he’s suddenly going to go on a scoring run once he gets his first.

The former is conceivable, the latter as you say hasn’t been something that has been prevalent in his career to date to give people that belief.

17 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Concerned about some sort of run in with Diaby and Emery to be honest.

What possible reason could Unai have for starting him? He's looked like that in all but about 20 mins for us. 

So bad.

I think Diaby was rested because next 2 games

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChesterDad said:

I believe he will come good - this thread is now fast becoming Youri Tielemans v2.

He is a young man, in a different culture and with a recent scandal hovering over him.

If Unai is the manager, we all believe him to be, would he really bring someone into the club who couldn’t play?

Would love this to be true, but the fact he keeps taking him off at half time and that he has not yet improved at all is worrying. If anyone can Unai can, so fingers crossed.

Edited by VillanousOne

I’m in the same camp that felt like he looked very promising initially and more disappointing more recently. Thought he was poor today but to be fair McGinn and Duran didn’t do any better second half. We weren’t great as a team, tough one for the forward players. 

15 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He's been playing out of position this whole time to be fair.

Agreed left wing isnt his position but by all account no 10 is. 

Got McGinn and Bailey ahead of him for RW so needs to do more than today in 10 role to earn a place. 

I must have missed the promising start to his Villa career. He’s looked bang average since he arrived. Runs around a lot and loses the ball.

Edited by jim
  • Like 1

Just now, jim said:

I must have missed the promising start to his Villa career. He’s looked bang average since he arrived. Runs around a lot and loses the ball.

I think that’s fair. 

It’s all your own viewpoint. 

For me he did everything you said but also really nearly scored for about 6/7 games running which “felt” promising. Not sure if that was a false dawn or not. Seen plenty of players like Bailey and even Watkins in last years who flit between world beaters and not knowing how to kick a football so tough to judge a player too early. 

Â