Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

He’s stinking the joint out at the moment, can’t control the ball, when he does just gives it away or runs down a rabbit hole.

There is a player in there I’m sure, but he needs removing from the squad at the moment.  

If it’s not a compulsory I wouldn’t be pulling the trigger based on what we’ve seen so far, however, it feels like this will go through next summer.  He should only therefore be coming off the bench for now.

Edited by Buffs

21 minutes ago, Buffs said:

He’s stinking the joint out at the moment, can’t control the ball, when he does just gives it away or runs down a rabbit hole.

There is a player in there I’m sure, but he needs removing from the squad at the moment.  

If it’s not a compulsory I wouldn’t be pulling the trigger based on what we’ve seen so far, however, it feels like this will go through next summer.  He should only therefore be coming off the bench for now.

Removing from the squad is ridiculous? We shouldn't be trying to punish the lad. 

At the end of the day he's struggling, and for whatever reason it isn't happening for him at the moment, but dropping him out the squad would be a horrendous thing for the club to do. Take him out the first 11, give a few weeks out the firing line, help him by all means to get confidence back. If it doesn't work out then fair enough. Dropping someone from the squad though is not the way to handle players unless they're being punished. 

55 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If one of those spectacular finishes went in, we potentially see a different player.

Fine margins and it's a rough ride at this level.

Absolutely this. He had about 4 in his first 4 or 5 games that were unlucky as they were either saved well or hitting the woodwork. Since then he hasn't even been close. 

• Like 1

I get the criticism, he is struggling atm, no question.

I just......can't shake the thought that he will be one of those that in 4 years or so will be at Bayern or Madrid, and be known as a top player. There's just a little kernel of something there that says this boy has got a bright future, but I can't put my finger on it.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Getting roasted on the FML FPL podcast….I get that we need to give him minutes and time to get confidence and hope he can start to deliver on his immense promise….but non fans are noticing his performances now too 

I dont think we do need to give him minutes for that reason 

We need to give him minutes until JJ is up to speed and buendia is back

I'm not seeing him as anything more than a body now, he's a plug until our injured players are back 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

It's diffcult as he is only on loan and clearly it is going to take more time for him to get used to English football. Do we persist with him and sign him,  or relegate him to the bench and impact player before moving on in the summer?

The latter imo 

Was a deal worth doing, nothing ventured nothing gained but come the summer we'll move on 

5 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

And we should all remember that without Trezeguet we would've been relegated, he only shone for a short while but he was there when we needed him.

Trez was generally rubbish though. Those goals were crucial but how many points did he cost us through awful decision making on the ball?

25 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Removing from the squad is ridiculous? We shouldn't be trying to punish the lad. 

At the end of the day he's struggling, and for whatever reason it isn't happening for him at the moment, but dropping him out the squad would be a horrendous thing for the club to do. Take him out the first 11, give a few weeks out the firing line, help him by all means to get confidence back. If it doesn't work out then fair enough. Dropping someone from the squad though is not the way to handle players unless they're being punished. 

Angel stunk the place out for months when he first joined 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

Angel stunk the place out for months when he first joined 

Can you imagine if Angels tenure was during this social media era?

On top of being handled like shite by the actual club, having to deal with Fred, from Solihull abusing and sending you private messages online as well ffs 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Was a deal worth doing, nothing ventured nothing gained but come the summer we'll move on 

This ^^^. It is the great benefit of having him on loan. Now we know he's not up to it so we don't pay silly money for him. I was excited when he signed but he's way off the pace. I think our formation doesn't suit him at all. He needs to be in a 4-3-3 formation as a wide forward I think. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The latter imo 

I think it was worth doing if Philogene comes back in a deal that works for us.

If we've made a mess of that to bring in career-injured Zaniolo, it's a bad gaff.

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Can you imagine if Angels tenure was during this social media era?

On top of being handled like shite by the actual club, having to deal with Fred, from Solihull abusing and sending you private messages online as well ffs 😂

Imagine being abused by anyone from Solihull!

I'd smack them upside their head with their truffle and chardonnay vinegar ciabatta from Pret, and send them home with their nose in their waitrose bag for life.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I think it was worth doing if Philogene comes back in a deal that works for us.

If we've made a mess of that to bring in career-injured Zaniolo, it's a bad gaff.

I looked a few weeks back so it's probably moved since, PB has started double the number of games for hull than zaniolo has for us, he's got what he wanted from the hull deal and long term that might work out better for us

Another reason why it's kind of worked, you can add Ramsey hasn't done anything of note at Burnley to suggest that he was the answer 

I think a lot of the zaniolo deal showed foresight for next year not just this, a lot of it works in our favour - and he's not been great but he's not been that bad either, he's a 6/10 player that's disappointing more than he is bad 

25 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I looked a few weeks back so it's probably moved since, PB has started double the number of games for hull than zaniolo has for us, he's got what he wanted from the hull deal and long term that might work out better for us

Another reason why it's kind of worked, you can add Ramsey hasn't done anything of note at Burnley to suggest that he was the answer 

I think a lot of the zaniolo deal showed foresight for next year not just this, a lot of it works in our favour - and he's not been great but he's not been that bad either, he's a 6/10 player that's disappointing more than he is bad 

Yeah, IMO JPB is getting more from every minute at Hull than Europe+20 mins here and there for us.

But we could have got that with a loan, and definitely brought him back. I think it was a big shock to many he left at all. He looked ready for the spot Zaniolo is currently taking.

Zaniolo is not "bad", my goodness is he playing badly though.

I think he will come good but he needs to stop picking up silly yellows which is likely why he's been hooked at HT a couple of times.

I like his build and he's decent at protecting the ball. He didn't have a pre-season with us and was asked to play LM almost every game so far, a position in which he had never played before, yesterday was the first time he played a role hes somewhat familiar with. You can see the difference in other players when they are played out of position (McGinn LM, Tielemans in the double pivot).

Similar to Duran and Tielemans, when they come off the bench and aren't starting as much they try to do too much to impress.

Â