Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Zero goals, no assists.

Traore and bailey both had bettee stats than that in the volume of same appearances.

He isnt good enough at this level.thankfully was just a loan

He isn't good enough at this level at the moment I would agree with.

Whether over time that changes we'll see...

10 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Emery cant just keep picking him in the hope he will come good. 

Severely lacks footballing intelligence mate.

He may find some moments of magic like Traore but he is never going to become a good player.

In his first 10 or so games he looked useful. Everyone was excited for his first goal. 

Then it gradually became a case of all fart and no shit. 

But in his last few games he's not even been farting.. Looks blocked up and uncomfortable. 

Now even Dr. Emery can't seem to locate the laxative powders for him. 

I realise these metaphors are crap. Basically he's regressed the longer he's been here 😔

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I thought he started off the season well for us, even though he wasnt getting on the scoresheet in terms of goals or assists, he was helping out well both on and off the ball.

However, since all the gambling stuff came out, he's been awful.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

In his first 10 or so games he looked useful. Everyone was excited for his first goal. 

Then it gradually became a case of all fart and no shit. 

But in his last few games he's not even been farting.. Looks blocked up and uncomfortable. 

Now even Dr. Emery can't seem to locate the laxative powders for him. 

I realise these metaphors are crap. Basically he's regressed the longer he's been here 😔

Reading this gave me stomach ache. 

1 minute ago, andym said:

However, since all the gambling stuff came out, he's been awful.

Yes it has been since then hasn't it. 

Maybe it's playing on his mind more than we realise. 

Or maybe The Mafia have instructed him there's a very large bet on him returning to Galatasary in January. 

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

im assuming the mandatory purchase is based on starts? (not appearances?)

how many games has he started for us?, was the alleged trigger 20. 35 or 30 games, or something?

Was 25 wasn't it?

Emery clearly likes playing him in these away matches but he really isn't doing an awful lot is he?

Needs to be used as impact sub for next month as we simply have other players in final third doing more.

Bailey's goals to minutes ratio is excellent. Diaby been off form in last month but was an excellent cross and Ollie did the rest expertly. 

Think we'll go back to a 4 man midfield for Man. City anyway so will just be one attacking position alongside Ollie and would assume Bailey will take that.

I didn't think he looked good even during his first games when he was getting praise, to me he looked like the archetypal player who attempts to do everything himself, so inevitably he will at least come close to scoring or doing something good in a game, and that will mean a good highlights reel can be made of him, and when people want to be positive about a player as they do with new signings they will focus on those few good moments, but when you admit the truth with an heavy heart, you see that more often than not, like way more often than not, he just gives the ball away, and the good moments aren't enough to compensate for the all round bad play.

I don't really get the comparisons to Bailey, Buendia, and Luiz either, whilst not amazing, those three players were way better than Zaniolo has been when they first signed, Zaniolo hasn't just been not as good as hoped, he has been straight up poor, to the point where I'd be surprised if we signed him on a permanent, as it stands he's probably behind Ramsey, Buendia, Bailey, and Diably for a place in the team, I know he started ahead of Ramsey today, but I think that's just because Ramsey is only just back from injury so isn't match fit yet, and with the amount of games we have we have to make use of all the squad, so started Zaniolo in a game we hoped we could more afford to.

No saying he can't come good, just that he hasn't been good until now, other than a few moments in his initial appearances, but now even those few moments have gone away, i guess lets hope he can come up with something to boost his confidence soon and that will set him on his way, otherwise when Bailey, Buendia, Ramsey, and Diaby are all available, and bearing in mind we might want to upgrade on one or two of those, I'm not sure where he would fit into our squad

• Like 2

Â