Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

43 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Lengthy bans for Fagiola and Tonali then.

Surely it's over for him?

Nicolo maintains he never betted on football, we will need to wait a few more days for the forensics on his phone and computer. As of yet, there’s no evidence beyond him unknowingly using illegal sites to play card games. 

Edited by The_Steve

5 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

You would think that it can't be that difficult to prove whether or not he has been betting on football matches as surely there is a digital trail.

Unless he has been dumping suitcases of cash at some dodgy betting places.

In theory it's a criminal offence, that can carry a custodial sentence, to bet on illegal betting sites or any non licensed bookie etc. So if he's only been playing blackjack, but for a **** of cash on a dodgy site. He could still be in trouble, just not with the Italian FA (FIGC) at that point.

The way Fagioli and Tonali have played it they must have known it was incontestable that they were guilty so they've made a deal. Fagioli got his ban down to 1 year, with 5 months taken off to be spent in rehabilitation for his gambling addiction. Tonali will be similar as he's gone down the same route. With Zaniolo being adamant that he's not been betting on the football then his team must be sure that he's innocent or that there's no proof at least.

21 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

You would think that it can't be that difficult to prove whether or not he has been betting on football matches as surely there is a digital trail.

The final barrier to a truly cashless world. 

33 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Probably scraping his coins for them Paddy Power machines

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I'm not sure it's that easy, he may have been using other people's accounts to place bets (like his mothers possibly), or he may have multiple accounts in different names, or multiple devices others have access to who could have placed the bets, then you have VPNs that could mask where the bet was placed etc. The authorities have to request the data for all of this, and dodgy sites likely won't keep complete data, and then join up enough dots along with his financials to prove beyond doubt he placed a particular bet at a particular time on an account that is specifically his. 

I've no idea if he did or didn't do any of these things, as someone mentioned above, either he knows he's innocent or he's banking on the authorities not being able to prove beyond doubt he's done anything wrong.

I hope he is cleared of all this. 

Not just because we are struggling with injuries, but because he looks like he's built for the PL and he's shown positive signs so far. I reckon once he gets his first goal he'll be flying. 

• Like 2

You need to ask yourself what kond of mental mind state he will be in while no verdict given. Im not sure if he can rely on him until he is cleared  or proven guilty.

I would imagine traore might start gettin more game time now

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

You need to ask yourself what kond of mental mind state he will be in while no verdict given. Im not sure if he can rely on him until he is cleared  or proven guilty.

With our injuries and now this, we need January to arrive fast..

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Depends how sure he is he's done nothing wrong you'd think? If he's confident he played some blackjack then he's got decent lawyers who will turn that into a fine and no sanction from Italian FA. So he might be fine.

Playing with the nagging doubt your great move the premier league is about to go up in smoke coz you're a dickhead might affect your form though.

• Like 1

Â