Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

Fabrizio Romano
Nicolò Zaniolo, insisting to join Aston Villa after official loan with option to buy clause submitted as revealed last week 🟣🔵 #AVFC Villa hope to complete the agreement soon, already this week.

Good for you, bad for us.
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Gala said:
Fabrizio Romano
Nicolò Zaniolo, insisting to join Aston Villa after official loan with option to buy clause submitted as revealed last week 🟣🔵 #AVFC Villa hope to complete the agreement soon, already this week.

Good for you, bad for us.

Is he any good?

On 12/08/2023 at 14:03, Nigel said:

A high loan fee would help with that 20% sale fee clause.

I would have thought both clubs would be happy with a loan fee of 6-8m and option to buy for 20m. Gala would be getting about half of the transfer fee they paid back immediately and Villa reduce the risk of buying an injury prone player. 

• Like 1

Without sounding miserable, for all of his undoubted ability he's the kind of player that if he signed for another PL side I'd assume he'd fail to find his feet in the league and end up being a bit of a dud signing because he just has some of the hallmarks of one. However if he can click then he has a lot of the attributes you'd want in a forward player, and we really, really need one right now. Hopefully it gets sorted ASAP.

1 hour ago, Indigo said:

Without sounding miserable, for all of his undoubted ability he's the kind of player that if he signed for another PL side I'd assume he'd fail to find his feet in the league and end up being a bit of a dud signing because he just has some of the hallmarks of one. However if he can click then he has a lot of the attributes you'd want in a forward player, and we really, really need one right now. Hopefully it gets sorted ASAP.

Yeah I have a feeling on that aswell. However he was top level before his injury so not like he's just declined like Dele Ali Barkley or Lingard, there were mitigating circumstances.

I was actually surprised we didn't go in for him in January when he was linked to Bournemouth as his profile suited what we needed at the time upfront so at least he's gone to Turkey and got his match fitness up.

A move that could go either way, when Ramsey is fit in a couple of weeks he'll be going straight back to the left with hopefully Moreno behind so we should be much stronger on the left and Zaniolo can be eased in off the bench and see what he can do.

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Doesn't seem like your normal Villa type signing. Seems a bit of a punt in that it could turn out well or be another disappointing loan. 

It's certainly the first influence of Monchi.

Sevilla have a good record of taking players who's careers had lost their way and revitalised them. For example they took Loic Bade mid season when he wasn't even making the bench at Nottingham Forest. Six months later he's starting and winning the Europa league.

Not sure if Zaniolo was coming through when he had his brief spell at Roma but that's the other link.

I doubt we'd have signed him if Buendia had done his ACL but clearly they don't trust Coutinho to be robust enough to start too many games and I'd agree with that.

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Would be great if we can sign a unknown striker gem like when we got benteke. 

This is something i don't understand, we have literally stopped trying to uncover uncut/unproven gems - ala Brighton, Brentford (even Southampton).

I know we need proven talent and that is 70-80% the focus - but do we have no scouting network other than for youth?

I know Duran could be considered that, but not for the money paid... 

23 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

This is something i don't understand, we have literally stopped trying to uncover uncut/unproven gems - ala Brighton, Brentford (even Southampton).

I know we need proven talent and that is 70-80% the focus - but do we have no scouting network other than for youth?

I know Duran could be considered that, but not for the money paid... 

Yeah we dont have a good record of signing backup strikers over the years kozak, baston borjan to name a few

With duran yeah he is a unknown about jow but looks very raw.

Hopefully zani might break that a sive never heard or seen him play.

I must admit i was expecting a bit more business from la liga this summer

Â